Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Rachael (06/03/04)

The first time I read this book I was only twelve but I still loved it. It seems perfectly balanced with its outstanding detail and its informative context. Tracy Chevalier has done a magnificent job bringing the painter, Vermeer, his family and his work to life. Reading this book you will be drawn in to the world of painting and the harsh world of 17th century. It is a great read and I certainly worth you time.
Jackie (05/04/04)

Amazing Novel. I'm not all that into reading, but we had to pick a book to read and compare it to the movie for my high school english class, and well, lets say i made a good choice. :) I really enjoyed the book, and couldn't put it down. It definatly puts things into prospective, and is overall a great read.
Anonymous (04/06/04)

i think that this is a wonderful book that is worth your time to read
Howine (03/14/04)

This book was terrible and a complete waste of time.
mandy (03/14/04)

It is very good!!!!!! i had to read it for class and for once i did not want to put it down. Usually teacher make you read boring things but this was great! i would recomend it.
Rima and Maria (02/23/04)

we are high school students and we loved the book as did most of our classmates. we felt that we could relate to the story even though it was set in the 17th century.
pritty sue (01/26/04)

excellent! well written and possessed. i completely understand where pieter the father is coming from like. hes a lovely man and a perfect main character yeah.
canstanzos (01/26/04)

awesome book!!! the setting of the book is beautiful and you can totally imagine and feel what it would have been like to live in the 1600's with all the rules, regulations and family pride. one of my favourite books

• Book Jacket: The Islamic Enlightenment

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R