Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Sam Kuutmar (01/20/04)

What was the point. The book did not have interesting charcters or plot. I read the whole thing just to see if it got better because it got such great reviews but it didnt improve. It wasnt fun to read or thought provoking I would say its borning and worthless.
lebonheur (12/04/03)

The style is infantile, for the barely literate. Dead, studied and passionless. No fun, no joy, no nerves. Quit after 30 pages. You don't have to eat the whole apple to know that it is bad. See True Grit by Charles Porter to know how good a narrative by a young girl can be.
Caitlyn (10/23/03)

I surprised myself by really liking this book. My mum read it last year and told me to read it, but I saw that it was set in the 17th Century, I decided against it. You can imagine my reaction when that same book turned up on my Year 12 English booklist, and now, I'm set to write on it in my exam. I loved that fact that it was written in simple English, and even though it was extremely slow at the beginning, it was necessary in mirroring the pace Vermeer painted at. Thanks Tracy Chevalier, you've given me a whole different range of books that I can now consider reading, and in turn enjoying.
kayci (10/22/03)

I was 15 when I read this book and I thought it was a little boring in the beginning, but it became more interesting towards the middle. I thought the detail during the romantic scenes were a little too descriptive for me, but otherwise, the story was okay.
David C. (09/29/03)

It's an incredible experience. You experience the story in a way that parallels the experience of Vermeer's paintings. How can an author write a piece of fiction that feels so true yet has so little to go on? I'm mesmerized and now obsessed with Vermeer's paintings and in love with Greit, the girl in the painting.
Hannah (09/09/03)

it's kinda boring at first but then the it became really good. i liked it! :)
Iñigo (08/26/03)

I liked it
Louise (08/07/03)

A fantastic and detailed work of art, that has as many layers as the painting itself.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund