What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Rachel

Captivating...
This book really takes you into their world... a very thrilling and experience. After the first page, I just couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading this book and so will you!
Meredith

Despite what some say about loving the book and then being disappointed by the ending, I disagree. You have to look at the whole book and when you do you realise that what Griet did was right for her at that time. Anything else would have been a lie to the boook and to the characters and the time. If you do not realsie this then you are not looking hard enough. Trust me you can do it, I'm only fifteen and I can. Overall I would say that I am better off having read this book. All I can say is that I hope the movie doesn't ruin it.
Amanda

This is a beautifully written novel. When you read it you feel as if you are looking through Griets eyes.
S.B

an astounding and captivating novel about Vermeer's art and 17th century life in Delft
EMiLy

One word can describe the book: W.O.W.
Anneloes

Lovely. Pure. Great. Unreachable. Silent. Bright.

A Pearl.

Just like the painting that inspired it.
Mademoiselle

This is one of the best books I have ever read! It is a wonderful story basically so if you are on the fence about reading this book, READ IT! IT WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST READING EXPERIENCES YOU EVER HAVE!
Colleen

this book, i would have to say is the best book ever. it is so unique in the way it talks about the paintings. and i loved that!! because you can imagen them. so if you havent read this book, im telling you NOW you should go out and buy it. because you will love it promise!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C