Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Rachel

Captivating...
This book really takes you into their world... a very thrilling and experience. After the first page, I just couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading this book and so will you!
Meredith

Despite what some say about loving the book and then being disappointed by the ending, I disagree. You have to look at the whole book and when you do you realise that what Griet did was right for her at that time. Anything else would have been a lie to the boook and to the characters and the time. If you do not realsie this then you are not looking hard enough. Trust me you can do it, I'm only fifteen and I can. Overall I would say that I am better off having read this book. All I can say is that I hope the movie doesn't ruin it.
Amanda

This is a beautifully written novel. When you read it you feel as if you are looking through Griets eyes.
S.B

an astounding and captivating novel about Vermeer's art and 17th century life in Delft
EMiLy

One word can describe the book: W.O.W.
Anneloes

Lovely. Pure. Great. Unreachable. Silent. Bright.

A Pearl.

Just like the painting that inspired it.
Mademoiselle

This is one of the best books I have ever read! It is a wonderful story basically so if you are on the fence about reading this book, READ IT! IT WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST READING EXPERIENCES YOU EVER HAVE!
Colleen

this book, i would have to say is the best book ever. it is so unique in the way it talks about the paintings. and i loved that!! because you can imagen them. so if you havent read this book, im telling you NOW you should go out and buy it. because you will love it promise!

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R