What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

David C.

It's an incredible experience. You experience the story in a way that parallels the experience of Vermeer's paintings. How can an author write a piece of fiction that feels so true yet has so little to go on? I'm mesmerized and now obsessed with Vermeer's paintings and in love with Greit, the girl in the painting.
Louise

A fantastic and detailed work of art, that has as many layers as the painting itself.

This book is an excellent book to read. It's enjoyable and informative at the same time. I really liked this book because it had a great plot, and just the right amount of details. This book is a great choice for the high school student. This is one of my favorite books. (age 14 )
Leila

You can trapped alongside the main character in all her trials and tribulations. You wish for her happiness and cry for pains. You really get stuck in her world, and can't get out until the last page. It's marvelous.
Jessica

I loved reading this book. Through the narration you were able to experience life in 17th century Holland, and get a glimpse into the life of an extremely interesting girl.
Irene Tomson

I'm Irene Tomson (16!!) from Holland, and I read the book "girl with a pearl earring" last year. I have seen the painting of Vermeer a couple of times in The Hague and I really like the painting. As I imagine a lot of people do, I was really drawn to the idea of not knowing who this girl in this famous portret was. And reading this book made me imagine only more about the possibilities of who this could be.
I really enjoyed the book, the only weird thing was reading Dutch names and reading about Dutch places and thing, in English!! But I love it. I really like art, and this book makes you look at it just as the painter (might) has done.
Mike

Chevalier really envisions seventeenth-century Holland by reincarnating Johannes Vermeer's paintings and brings an amusing tale of a young women to life.
Lam

This novel was great! Chevailer did a marvelous job enableing the reader to picture the whole story and see everything as Griet saw. Her ability to even "show" voices, as when Griet describes her mothers voice

<< a cooking pot, a flagon >>

made the novel even more interesting. I'm glad this book was assigned for my summer reading. It's a great book for highschool students like me, who enjoy reading and history.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    Now Is Not the Time to Panic
    by Kevin Wilson

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

Dinosaurs
    by Lydia Millet

"Tender but never sentimental, wearing its intelligence in a low-slung style, Dinosaurs is a garden of earthly delights."—Vogue

W N, W Not

Great political questions stir the deepest nature of one-half the nation, but they pass far above and over the ...