What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Emma Cook

Great book, very well written and very captivating.
Lauren, 16

Girl With a Pearl Earring is my favourite book because you are so absorbed into griet and the world surrounding her. The ability she has to describe what she sees just holds you in till the end because of the great detail. It leads you to imagine the things for yourself which makes you enjoy the book more. Her feelings towards Vermeer and his work is incredible. The best book I have ever read.
Claudia Bruemmer

Best book I've read in a long time. Captivating. Tracy Chevalier did an excellent job of transporting you to the 17th century. Just couldn't put it down. Gave it to my sister after I read it and she said the same thing.
Jackie

Amazing Novel. I'm not all that into reading, but we had to pick a book to read and compare it to the movie for my high school english class, and well, lets say i made a good choice. :) I really enjoyed the book, and couldn't put it down. It definatly puts things into prospective, and is overall a great read.
mandy

It is very good!!!!!! i had to read it for class and for once i did not want to put it down. Usually teacher make you read boring things but this was great! i would recomend it.
Rima and Maria

we are high school students and we loved the book as did most of our classmates. we felt that we could relate to the story even though it was set in the 17th century.
canstanzos

awesome book!!! the setting of the book is beautiful and you can totally imagine and feel what it would have been like to live in the 1600's with all the rules, regulations and family pride. one of my favourite books
Caitlyn

I surprised myself by really liking this book. My mum read it last year and told me to read it, but I saw that it was set in the 17th Century, I decided against it. You can imagine my reaction when that same book turned up on my Year 12 English booklist, and now, I'm set to write on it in my exam. I loved that fact that it was written in simple English, and even though it was extremely slow at the beginning, it was necessary in mirroring the pace Vermeer painted at. Thanks Tracy Chevalier, you've given me a whole different range of books that I can now consider reading, and in turn enjoying.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel
    Kristin Harmel's historical novel The Forest of Vanishing Stars was very well-received by our First ...
  • Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N