Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Emma Cook

Great book, very well written and very captivating.
Lauren, 16

Girl With a Pearl Earring is my favourite book because you are so absorbed into griet and the world surrounding her. The ability she has to describe what she sees just holds you in till the end because of the great detail. It leads you to imagine the things for yourself which makes you enjoy the book more. Her feelings towards Vermeer and his work is incredible. The best book I have ever read.
Claudia Bruemmer

Best book I've read in a long time. Captivating. Tracy Chevalier did an excellent job of transporting you to the 17th century. Just couldn't put it down. Gave it to my sister after I read it and she said the same thing.
Jackie

Amazing Novel. I'm not all that into reading, but we had to pick a book to read and compare it to the movie for my high school english class, and well, lets say i made a good choice. :) I really enjoyed the book, and couldn't put it down. It definatly puts things into prospective, and is overall a great read.
mandy

It is very good!!!!!! i had to read it for class and for once i did not want to put it down. Usually teacher make you read boring things but this was great! i would recomend it.
Rima and Maria

we are high school students and we loved the book as did most of our classmates. we felt that we could relate to the story even though it was set in the 17th century.
canstanzos

awesome book!!! the setting of the book is beautiful and you can totally imagine and feel what it would have been like to live in the 1600's with all the rules, regulations and family pride. one of my favourite books
Caitlyn

I surprised myself by really liking this book. My mum read it last year and told me to read it, but I saw that it was set in the 17th Century, I decided against it. You can imagine my reaction when that same book turned up on my Year 12 English booklist, and now, I'm set to write on it in my exam. I loved that fact that it was written in simple English, and even though it was extremely slow at the beginning, it was necessary in mirroring the pace Vermeer painted at. Thanks Tracy Chevalier, you've given me a whole different range of books that I can now consider reading, and in turn enjoying.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place