Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Emma Cook

Great book, very well written and very captivating.
Lauren, 16

Girl With a Pearl Earring is my favourite book because you are so absorbed into griet and the world surrounding her. The ability she has to describe what she sees just holds you in till the end because of the great detail. It leads you to imagine the things for yourself which makes you enjoy the book more. Her feelings towards Vermeer and his work is incredible. The best book I have ever read.
Claudia Bruemmer

Best book I've read in a long time. Captivating. Tracy Chevalier did an excellent job of transporting you to the 17th century. Just couldn't put it down. Gave it to my sister after I read it and she said the same thing.
Jackie

Amazing Novel. I'm not all that into reading, but we had to pick a book to read and compare it to the movie for my high school english class, and well, lets say i made a good choice. :) I really enjoyed the book, and couldn't put it down. It definatly puts things into prospective, and is overall a great read.
mandy

It is very good!!!!!! i had to read it for class and for once i did not want to put it down. Usually teacher make you read boring things but this was great! i would recomend it.
Rima and Maria

we are high school students and we loved the book as did most of our classmates. we felt that we could relate to the story even though it was set in the 17th century.
canstanzos

awesome book!!! the setting of the book is beautiful and you can totally imagine and feel what it would have been like to live in the 1600's with all the rules, regulations and family pride. one of my favourite books
Caitlyn

I surprised myself by really liking this book. My mum read it last year and told me to read it, but I saw that it was set in the 17th Century, I decided against it. You can imagine my reaction when that same book turned up on my Year 12 English booklist, and now, I'm set to write on it in my exam. I loved that fact that it was written in simple English, and even though it was extremely slow at the beginning, it was necessary in mirroring the pace Vermeer painted at. Thanks Tracy Chevalier, you've given me a whole different range of books that I can now consider reading, and in turn enjoying.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O