Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

raaf

This book is a classic novel of old times. Lives dealing with different religion. Although this book is beutifully detailed this is only a portrayel of what Griets life may have been,which gives the book a mystery to it, of whether her life was like that or not.
Heather Aiken

This seems to be a very intriuging book, but i do think it was a little hammed up.
I.K.

Just another silly and shallow book. But the film is even worse..
Sam Kuutmar

What was the point. The book did not have interesting charcters or plot. I read the whole thing just to see if it got better because it got such great reviews but it didnt improve. It wasnt fun to read or thought provoking I would say its borning and worthless.
DN

THE worst book I have ever read. Shallow storyline and NO ending!
Howine

This book was terrible and a complete waste of time.
lebonheur

The style is infantile, for the barely literate. Dead, studied and passionless. No fun, no joy, no nerves. Quit after 30 pages. You don't have to eat the whole apple to know that it is bad. See True Grit by Charles Porter to know how good a narrative by a young girl can be.
maRGas

i really didnt like it. For people that dont really like reading, it really doesnt encourage thjem to want to read ever again

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

Love in the Big City
    by Sang Young Park
    Set in Seoul, South Korea, Love in the Big City is a warm, playful, emotionally rich novel that ...
    Bewilderment
    by Richard Powers
    In 2019, Richard Powers won the Pulitzer Prize for The Overstory, a sprawling novel whose characters...
  • Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    They're Going to Love You
    by Meg Howrey

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.