Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

raaf

This book is a classic novel of old times. Lives dealing with different religion. Although this book is beutifully detailed this is only a portrayel of what Griets life may have been,which gives the book a mystery to it, of whether her life was like that or not.
Heather Aiken

This seems to be a very intriuging book, but i do think it was a little hammed up.
I.K.

Just another silly and shallow book. But the film is even worse..
Sam Kuutmar

What was the point. The book did not have interesting charcters or plot. I read the whole thing just to see if it got better because it got such great reviews but it didnt improve. It wasnt fun to read or thought provoking I would say its borning and worthless.
DN

THE worst book I have ever read. Shallow storyline and NO ending!
Howine

This book was terrible and a complete waste of time.
lebonheur

The style is infantile, for the barely literate. Dead, studied and passionless. No fun, no joy, no nerves. Quit after 30 pages. You don't have to eat the whole apple to know that it is bad. See True Grit by Charles Porter to know how good a narrative by a young girl can be.
maRGas

i really didnt like it. For people that dont really like reading, it really doesnt encourage thjem to want to read ever again

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

The Patron Saint of Pregnant Girls
    by Ursula Hegi

Set on a German island in 1878, perfect for fans of Water for Elephants.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O