What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

joyce

the book is really awesome... i think the author is cool. she can describe and make us see the whole picture easily. i like the way she tells us about colors...it's great and yeah...the story itself is fantastic!!!
Angie

I highly recommend this book. I was already familiar with Vermeer and this was an interesting perpective on a famous painting. I bought the book for that reason. But I finished reading, and keep remembering the book because of the story and the characters. One of the most enjoyable books.
Lia

I thought that it was a wonderful book, the clarity of the descriptions was incredible, it made me feel like I was really there. I kept re-reading passages because they were so simply beautiful, and the cover painting made me keep flipping back to gaze at it. It is probably my favorite book, and I highly reccomend it to everyone.
Lauren

This is the best book I have ever read. It was colorful, mysterious and I could not put it down. I recommend this book to everyone.
Beth Yegelwel

debbie franchise

fgirl with a pearl earring
I read this book because of my English class and at first I thought I would hate it, but I fell in love. it is one of my favorites. you don't have to love painting to enjoy this book. It is interesting reading it while you look at the paintings discussed in it. Two thumbs up for sure!
Aryn

This is a great book for people who love art and/or history
Rachael

The first time I read this book I was only twelve but I still loved it. It seems perfectly balanced with its outstanding detail and its informative context. Tracy Chevalier has done a magnificent job bringing the painter, Vermeer, his family and his work to life. Reading this book you will be drawn in to the world of painting and the harsh world of 17th century. It is a great read and I certainly worth you time.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...
  • Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N