Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

joyce

the book is really awesome... i think the author is cool. she can describe and make us see the whole picture easily. i like the way she tells us about colors...it's great and yeah...the story itself is fantastic!!!
Angie

I highly recommend this book. I was already familiar with Vermeer and this was an interesting perpective on a famous painting. I bought the book for that reason. But I finished reading, and keep remembering the book because of the story and the characters. One of the most enjoyable books.
Lia

I thought that it was a wonderful book, the clarity of the descriptions was incredible, it made me feel like I was really there. I kept re-reading passages because they were so simply beautiful, and the cover painting made me keep flipping back to gaze at it. It is probably my favorite book, and I highly reccomend it to everyone.
Lauren

This is the best book I have ever read. It was colorful, mysterious and I could not put it down. I recommend this book to everyone.
Beth Yegelwel

debbie franchise

fgirl with a pearl earring
I read this book because of my English class and at first I thought I would hate it, but I fell in love. it is one of my favorites. you don't have to love painting to enjoy this book. It is interesting reading it while you look at the paintings discussed in it. Two thumbs up for sure!
Aryn

This is a great book for people who love art and/or history
Rachael

The first time I read this book I was only twelve but I still loved it. It seems perfectly balanced with its outstanding detail and its informative context. Tracy Chevalier has done a magnificent job bringing the painter, Vermeer, his family and his work to life. Reading this book you will be drawn in to the world of painting and the harsh world of 17th century. It is a great read and I certainly worth you time.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O