What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Hannah

it's kinda boring at first but then the it became really good. i liked it! :)
Iñigo

I liked it
Jeannine

I read the book because Ver Meer is my favorite artist and I saw the painting while I was in Holland. I have a copy of the picture of the girl with pitcher in my dining room as well as another, and everytime I see those paintings I think of the book which I thought was well done. So little is known of Ver Meer, the book at least brings a bit of the history of the times in which he lived. My reading group discussed the book and all agreed it was well-worth reading.
emily

the story was interesting but i wonder what happened to frans
mimi

Girl with a Pearl Earring
I thought that this book was good but it has a little to much detail. The ending was pretty upsetting but the message was good. I wish I could have found chapter summaries for this book so that I wouldn't have to go through all the unecessary detail.
kayci

I was 15 when I read this book and I thought it was a little boring in the beginning, but it became more interesting towards the middle. I thought the detail during the romantic scenes were a little too descriptive for me, but otherwise, the story was okay.
Jacki

this book was full boring at the start, but then after i while i really got into it and it was so much better than i thought it would be. i wouldnt rate it 5, just because it was a book... but it was pretty good as far as books go. i just dont like most of the characters much, except pieter the son, if it was a movie he'd probably be hot...
Irene

The Girl with a Pearl Earring was an intresting book. I learned a lot about Delft in the 1600s, and a believable story about the young girl, Griet who worked for the famous artis Vermeer, however, this book did not captivate me, and went on and on in differant parts of the book.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...
  • Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N