What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Pantz

This book is completely stupid and pointless
Kim

I disliked this book imensely. I found it very boring and it talked about nothing! I do not recommend this book for young readers. High school students will be very bored with it. Maybe Adults will like it but i thought it was terrible!
K-Dog

*YAWN*......AWWWWWWW OOOO GOOD, is it over yet?
Jami

To plain

i think that this is a wonderful book that is worth your time to read
pritty sue

excellent! well written and possessed. i completely understand where pieter the father is coming from like. hes a lovely man and a perfect main character yeah.
Ruby

1. In Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier treats us to a richly appointed portrait of intersecting faiths, fracturing family dynamics, erotic awakenings, community scandals, religious tensions, and aesthetic compromises-all filtered brilliantly through the eyes of the young narrator Griet, whose concise, wide-eyed perspective functions much like Vermeer's camera obscura, rendering with particularly sharp precision and subtle insight the character of 17th-century Delft itself...............

Note from BookBrowse: This is part of a discussion guide kindly contributed by Ruby. You will find the full text of this discussion guide in the reading guide section, along with another reading guide provided by the publisher, Penguin Putnam. Click on the link to 'Book Jacket and Reviews' above to find a link to the reading guide.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Ground Breaking
    The Ground Breaking
    by Scott Ellsworth
    While there has been a concerted effort in recent years to educate the nation about what happened ...
  • Book Jacket: Everyone Knows Your Mother Is a Witch
    Everyone Knows Your Mother Is a Witch
    by Rivka Galchen
    Rivka Galchen's novel Everyone Knows Your Mother Is a Witch is a historical fiction tale set in the ...
  • Book Jacket: Paradise, Nevada
    Paradise, Nevada
    by Dario Diofebi
    In Dario Diofebi's novel Paradise, Nevada, the neon allure of Las Vegas is pulled back to reveal ...
  • Book Jacket: Things We Lost to the Water
    Things We Lost to the Water
    by Eric Nguyen
    Spanning over 30 years, Eric Nguyen's debut novel Things We Lost to the Water is epic in scope but ...

The Book of Lost Names
by Kristin Harmel
A heartrending novel of survival, inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II.

Morningside Heights
    by Joshua Henkin

A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

At the Chinese Table
    by Carolyn Phillips

Part memoir of life in Taiwan, part love story—A beautifully told account of China's cuisines with recipes.

Win This Book!
Win Together We Will Go

Together We Will Go
by J. Michael Straczynski

A novel as much about the will to live as the choice to end it.

C T T Chase