What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

hey i like this book!!
Monica Rivera

This is not a book you can say you like or dislike because it was about a child that was abused trying to find love from ohters. Personally this is a recommenable book to open the eyes of people. Afyer reading a Child called It I cried then I read The Lost Boy and it was extremly touching. I also read a Man named Dave and that book is also recommendable. I gave this book a 5 not on if its good or bad but how much it touched me and how it affected me. I can read the book over and over and everytime is like the first. I still get shocked and hurt just like the first time. I reccomend this book to anyone who thinks they know how life is. After reading that book your how outlook on life changes.
kayla

the book a child called it is one of the most unbelievable stories I have ever read. Before reading this book i would of never believed that people like dave's mother had an existance on earth.
janet

Its a great book you i never believed how can a mother treat their blood like trash ever since i read it i see my life way different
Nadine

i absolutely love this book! i read "A Child Called 'IT'", after i read this one. it has the power to totally change your outlook on life. i thought i had it bad, but reading this book opens your eyes to the kinds of people that are out there in the world. how can a mother find it in herself to treat her own flesh and blood in such manner?! i just bought "A Man Named Dave" and cant wait to start reading it. the trilogy of books by Dave Pelzer will remain my favorite for a long long time!
Amber

this book was great it shows just how lucky i am to have a family like mine!
Luis

This auto-biography can touch people's hearts, i really love this two books, is not that I like of what happen to dave, is that this storyis so related with me.
Becky

I was 14 when I read this book, and was really unaffected by the literature that I had been reading. I found this book enlightening and moving, as it conveyed experiences that many people are unable to communicate. It was a book that opened my eyes, and was a horrible picture to conjure. I gained respect for abused children and actually became teary eyed. This was a heart-breaker and an inspiring auto-biography that can touch the hearts of people who don't even like reading.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Whereabouts
    Whereabouts
    by Jhumpa Lahiri
    Jhumpa Lahiri's Whereabouts has seen numerous comparisons to Second Place by Rachel Cusk. These two ...
  • Book Jacket: Swimming Back to Trout River
    Swimming Back to Trout River
    by Linda Rui Feng
    Linda Rui Feng's first novel, Swimming Back to Trout River, is a powerful meditation on the ties ...
  • Book Jacket: The Unfit Heiress
    The Unfit Heiress
    by Audrey Farley
    During the American eugenics movement (see Beyond the Book), involuntary sterilization was used to ...
    Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    by Ava Homa
    Ava Homa's debut novel begins with an epigraph by Sherko Bekas, a Kurdish poet, the last lines of ...

The Book of Lost Names
by Kristin Harmel
A heartrending novel of survival, inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II.

Everybody
    by Olivia Laing

"Impassioned and provocative...[an] intensely moving, vital and artful book."
    —The Guardian

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.

H I T Best P