Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Sara Brown

this is a great but depressing book to see someone going though all the things that Dave is going though!
Alicia Ernst

This Book is one on the best books I have ever read. ( I have read A LOT of books.)
Candace McAllister

I really loved the child called it and the lost boy i have not read any other book thank you for such a good book you are an excellent writer i am looking for futher books
Anonymous

I have never read a book in 9 hours before and "A child called it" was the first one. Putting the book down was not going to happen because it was just so good. Nobody had ever been abused this bad that I have ever heard of and for David as a little boy, to learn how to use human spirit is unbelievable. I would give this book a 5 because of Dave.
shippo

This was the besst book I have ever read! It kept me turning the pages. I hope someone else enjoys it as much as I did.
Brat or Baby girl

I gave this book a five because it made me realize that my life isint that bad. I mean I never was badly abuse. I was hite by the belt a couple of times and by a hand but was never treated like a slave or crimle. But this book realy touched me and my mother, and sister. I actuly saw them cry while reading this book... I rate this a five because of how strong and amunly it is...
Bear

This book was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it. It was very moving. It was as good as athe first one. the lost boy is one of my favorite books. one word to describe this book is "WOW!"
Erin, 13

This book and the first one, a child called it, were sad but very moving. I liked them both because I think that it shows that no matter what we shouldn't make fun of some one because we don't know why they're like that because we don't know what goes on when they are not at school. I really liked this book and I know that many others do also and I'm so glad that Dave was able and ready to share his life story!!!

Join BookBrowse

The Prophet
    by Michael Koryta
    Hot diggity! How can you lose by reading a gritty whodunit about football, even if you're not a ...
  • Book Jacket: Dog Flowers
    Dog Flowers
    by Danielle Geller
    In Dog Flowers, Danielle Geller tells us what is wrong with her family: heavy drinking, abandonment,...
  • Book Jacket: The Sea Gate
    The Sea Gate
    by Jane Johnson
    In Jane Johnson's novel, The Sea Gate, set in England, readers are introduced to Becky, a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Stories from Suffragette City
    Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose, Fiona Davis
    Our First Impressions readers were fascinated by the historical fiction from a range of authors ...

The Narrowboat Summer
    by Anne Youngson

From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.

At the Edge of the Haight
    by Katherine Seligman

Winner of the 2019 PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child

T M T C, T M T Stay T S