Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

How I Live Now

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

VampireSlayerLady (05/24/11)

Well...
I have very mixed feelings about this book. I bought it two years ago in English (that´s not my first language),but I never read it. Then I totally forgot about it and a few weeks ago I found it in one corner of my bookshelf. I read the first page and than the second and the third one and I just couldn't put it down! It was fascinating and I don´t know why,but I really couldn't stop reading. I finished the whole book in one afternoon. I liked the first part very much,but then, when Daisy and Piper were separated from Edmond and the others it got boring for me.I´m a quite romantic girl and I wanted more love.I wanted Daisy and Edmond to be together,to run and suffer together. It could have been soooo amazing...but so I didn't like it that much, and I hated the ending. But like I´ve mentioned earlier,the first part,when they were together was wonderful...Like I said: Mixed feelings...
Sanne (10/24/10)

Mwah
I read the book How I live now for school. I'm from the Netherlands and it's really hard for me to understand the story line. Also there are some questions about in which war the story is about. I think it's in a unnamed war against an unnamed enemy. I hope I make the test about this book good, but I think it's really hard to understand the story. I'll do the best I can, the story is hard but nice though. It's not boring like other schoolbooks and I enjoyed reading it although it was hard for me. =)

(I'm from the Netherland so maybe my English is not so good in this review.)

Greets from the Netherlands, Sanne.
gaelin (09/30/10)

incest cousin loving
Bad writing style.
Really unrealistic.
Bad storyline.
Way overrated.
Natalia (04/29/10)

My impressions
Really, I am not an admirer of contemporary authors. I prefer classic. Having taken this book at the library only for a pleasant look, I was greatly surprised to find out that it was so good! The sense of humour of Mrs.Rosoff is excellent, the plot is colourful and well thought-out.
Of course I am a little bit struck by love affair between cousins...Isn't it an incest? :-)
Nevertheless, good book! I would recommend it to be read.
Probably, we will understand that any war was/is/will be the greatest evil among people?.
savannah (01/26/09)

Intensely Raw
This raw book has intense qualities that are hard to handle emotionally, great for ones who wish for a nail biting, tear starter, and intense love, this book is a bittersweet book that make you want more.
Victoria (01/15/09)

Awesome
This book is an amazing piece of work! I couldn't put the book down. Daisy is a smart and amazing girl. I loved it. I read it about 15 times.
Del (06/19/08)

How i live now..
This book is an amazing book...Meg Rosoff is an amazing author and reading this book made me feel totally engrossed into the story. The characters are amazing and I loved every minute of his book... I would like to say well done to Meg Rosoff and this has become my favorite book and I can't wait to read more of her thrilling books
Del
Annabel (04/21/08)

How I live now
One of the best books i've ever read in my life. Couldn't put it down all week. Made me cry in some parts coz it was so good. brilliant ending.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F