Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

How I Live Now

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Jayne (07/22/07)

Brilliant.
I thought this book was amazing. The lack of grammer was confusing at first, but does not mean to say that Meg Rosoff "shouldn't publish a book". It is not the kind of thing I usually would read, but I would definitely read more of her work.
Kimberly (06/12/07)

A Step into Adult Reading
This book is absolutely amazing. The adventures of Daisy and her cousins in a war-torn time are not only realistic and captivating; they are an introduction to more advanced writing styles for young-adults. It is one of the first books that will introduce to children the classic styles of Chuck Palahniuk, Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Kerouac and even James St. James. The lack of punctuation may be at first confusing, but introduces the way that language can reflect emotions in story telling. The story includes content that is slightly adult, thus it being a young-adult book. There is smoking, drinking, swearing, and vague references to sex between cousins. None are too striking, just shadows of the adult world of literature. This book is an off-beat, beginner’s Catcher in the Rye; a coming of age story laced with complications. I would recommend it for anyone old enough to handle the ascent into more adult reading, or anyone who has already surpassed that point and would just like a very enjoyable story.
anne cute (06/08/07)

Magnificient
This book was the most compelling and touching book I have ever read in my life. It talks about how Daisy find out what love really mean and the most unforgettable trip to London where war starts. It is the best book ever.
Ann (04/24/07)

Strange indeed
I have mixed views about this book, it was captivating but a little hard to follow. I also find the fact she was in love with her cousin a little bit too weird, we don't even know why she loves him. Also, I think some of the moral values are askew: C'mon, Emond smokes, drinks and drives at age 14! I had to read this book for a English class and some of the topics were controversial for kids (12-13) and the fact that the Author didn't use "" quotes did not make it an easy book to read.
no name (04/20/07)

I've tried to read this book so many times I don't really think it is fair to judge a book before you read it but i also don't think you should be able to publish a book if you cant use ""'s . Meg Rossoff didn't use quotes and let me tell you, it drove me crazy. I'm not all big on grammar myself,but I know this is something you need to do so your reader can understand what you are saying.
eliza poulton (04/15/07)

liza
This book is absolutely amazing!!
I was made to read it by my English teacher and I have ended up doing my main piece of coursework on it because it is just so so good!! I just didn't want it to end to be honest! I wanted to keep reading and reading and because I am a teenager I understood it completely about what she was talking about!! 10/10 for definite!
pixi (03/17/07)

Wow
I have read many books but I must say its one of the best. I picked it up just because of it's cover, whilst I was in the shop I read the first pages and was amazed. when I took it home I read it until i finished it. some parts made me cry and others happy. I now have my favorite parts book marked so I can read one or two of my favorite parts as soon as I pick it up
Poppy (03/17/07)

how i live now - Meg Rosoff
This book is truly outstanding! just as you think you know what is going to happen the storyline changes direction and it is impossible to tell what is going to happen. this book had me gripped until I had read every single page twice. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to be amazed!

The Noise of Time