What readers think of How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

savannah

Intensely Raw
This raw book has intense qualities that are hard to handle emotionally, great for ones who wish for a nail biting, tear starter, and intense love, this book is a bittersweet book that make you want more.

Awesome
This book is an amazing piece of work! I couldn't put the book down. Daisy is a smart and amazing girl. I loved it. I read it about 15 times.
Del

How i live now..
This book is an amazing book...Meg Rosoff is an amazing author and reading this book made me feel totally engrossed into the story. The characters are amazing and I loved every minute of his book... I would like to say well done to Meg Rosoff and this has become my favorite book and I can't wait to read more of her thrilling books
Del
Annabel

How I live now
One of the best books i've ever read in my life. Couldn't put it down all week. Made me cry in some parts coz it was so good. brilliant ending.
Smores

Amazing
It is so realistic it's almost a memoir of a fictional girl. I've read 32 books since January first and so far this book has blown the others away. Why this book isn't required reading in school eludes me. You never even think its wrong for her to want to be with her cousin, because you just want things to be happy again. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, DO SO NOW.
k.k

book review
What a great book.
Full of suspense.
Extremely gripping and couldn't put it down.
I recommend this book!
number one fan

A wonderful book
Daisy was and still is a very inspiring girl! I think that Meg Rosoff is a wonderful writer and that her book "How I live Now" captures many readers and brings them with her on the journey of Daisy and her cousins!
Lyn

People said that this book was boring.
People said that this book was boring and didn't make sense. But as I read it made complete sense. A girl is in love with someone who is far away and she is trying to get back to him. I recommend this book to people who are not afraid to read a love story, and a war story combined into one. Read this book and you wont be able to put it down.
I say that this book gets two thumbs up because it grabs your attention from the moment you begin to read it. I think that Daisy had a right to fight for what she believed in and what she believed in. She didn't give up and she didn't lose hope. She remembered all the good in their relationship and that is what kept her going.
If you think that this book is boring and it doesn't make sense, then you are completely wrong. This book to me sends a message and the message is that you should never give up no matter how bad your life is at the moment. If you believe in yourself then you can keep going and you wont give up. Read this book and hopefully you will receive the same message as I have.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C