Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff X
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Ella

Amazing
This is by far the best book I've ever read. I was instantly captivated by Daisy's voice, and I couldn't put the book down. It left me wanting to have some sort of experience like she did, some life-altering event. The characters and story are completely unforgettable. I would and do recommend this book to any one who comes in my path. To Josie:: I think (I could be utterly wrong) that Ms. Rosoff was trying to convey a certain style and voice with that sort of writing, not trying to start or follow a trend.
Courtney

How I Live Now
This book was very interesting. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I was suprised at how much this book can relate to real life. I have decided that this book has things in it that may not be as appropriate for children but I assume that it will go over well with teens or young adults. I urge my students and you to read this exhilarating novel of romance.
Joni

the best
I think this book is brilliant i cant wait to read more of her books. It had me smiling and crying. Thank you meg rosoff!
Kate, 15

How I Live Now
How i live now is a powerful book with issues that people, especially teenagers are presented with today. The way Meg Rosoff wrote the relationship between the cousins Edmond and Daisy was vague in a sense but that kept if more private....[edited to remove plot spoiler]... one of my favourite books.
whoizzit

This is one of the most powerful books I have read in a very long time. Ms. Rosoff had me on the first page and I could barely stand to put it down. It's been several days since I finished the book, and the characters are still in my head. They are just that unforgettable. This is a book I will add to my collection and recommend to EVERYONE. The writing is masterful, the story is unique, the main characters are endearing, and in the course of just a few pages the reader experiences a range of emotions from laughter to horror to sadness and back again. I look forward with great anticipation to more novels from Meg Rosoff.

A fantastic, funny, gripping and achingly beautiful book. Daisy is a fanastic, believable character who narrates with wit and truth, and who takes us through this amazing journey with clarity.
I recommend this book to anyone, as its not something I would normally choose but I loved every second of it and only wished it could go on longer and longer!
A brilliant first book form Meg Rosoff and a great read for anyone.
Read it today!
emily (14)

How I live now is a brilliant book! It gripped me instantly! I love the way that the story is retold from the perspective of Daisy herself and I love the way that all the detail put into the book pulls you further in and makes you feel almost as if you yourself are Daisy and it is you experiencing these obstacles. I almost felt as if i was under some kind of spell!
Saphir S-F

This is the BEST book i've ever read i recomend it to anyone. Where i live it was a hit seller and everyone wasreading it!

• Book Jacket: Butterfly Yellow
    Butterfly Yellow
    by Thanhha Lai, Daniel Suarez
    Voted 2019 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

As readers, many of us hope ...
  • Book Jacket: Olive, Again
    Olive, Again
    by Elizabeth Strout
    Voted 2019 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

It's been a big year for literary ...
  • Book Jacket: Solitary
    Solitary
    by Albert Woodfox
    Voted 2019 Best Debut Author Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

According to statistics from ...
  • Book Jacket: Becoming
    Becoming
    by Michelle Obama
    Voted 2019 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

BookBrowse hosted a Book Club ...

Book Club
Evening in Paradise
by Lucia Berlin

"Berlin's new book is a marvel, filled with deeply touching stories about lives on the fringes."—NPR

Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree & Katie McCabe

An inspiring life story that speaks urgently to our troubled times.

Win Butterfly Yellow

BUTTERFLY YELLOW

Winner of the BookBrowse Award for Best Young Adult Novel, and the overall highest rated book of the year!

The Big Holiday Wordplay