What readers think of How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff X
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Sophie

How I Live Now
At first I found it a little confusing, with the lack of speech marks but once I got used to it I found it was an absolutely outstanding book, I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from start to finish and didn't put it down. A must read.
sweetsmells:P

How I Live Now
This book is amazing! It definitely deserved the Michael L. Printz award. It was filled with everything to keep a teenager interested.Suspense, lust, emotion, everything!!!!!!!! If you get the chance to read, DO SO!!
Jayne

Brilliant.
I thought this book was amazing. The lack of grammer was confusing at first, but does not mean to say that Meg Rosoff "shouldn't publish a book". It is not the kind of thing I usually would read, but I would definitely read more of her work.
Kimberly

A Step into Adult Reading
This book is absolutely amazing. The adventures of Daisy and her cousins in a war-torn time are not only realistic and captivating; they are an introduction to more advanced writing styles for young-adults. It is one of the first books that will introduce to children the classic styles of Chuck Palahniuk, Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Kerouac and even James St. James. The lack of punctuation may be at first confusing, but introduces the way that language can reflect emotions in story telling. The story includes content that is slightly adult, thus it being a young-adult book. There is smoking, drinking, swearing, and vague references to sex between cousins. None are too striking, just shadows of the adult world of literature. This book is an off-beat, beginner’s Catcher in the Rye; a coming of age story laced with complications. I would recommend it for anyone old enough to handle the ascent into more adult reading, or anyone who has already surpassed that point and would just like a very enjoyable story.
anne cute

Magnificient
This book was the most compelling and touching book I have ever read in my life. It talks about how Daisy find out what love really mean and the most unforgettable trip to London where war starts. It is the best book ever.
eliza poulton

liza
This book is absolutely amazing!!
I was made to read it by my English teacher and I have ended up doing my main piece of coursework on it because it is just so so good!! I just didn't want it to end to be honest! I wanted to keep reading and reading and because I am a teenager I understood it completely about what she was talking about!! 10/10 for definite!
Poppy

how i live now - Meg Rosoff
This book is truly outstanding! just as you think you know what is going to happen the storyline changes direction and it is impossible to tell what is going to happen. this book had me gripped until I had read every single page twice. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to be amazed!
Emilia

Fantastic Book
I loved this book so much - i have to say it is the best book I have ever read!!!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

A heart-wrenching first novel about the power of place and family ties, the stories we tell and the burden of those we hide.

Smalltime
    by Russell Shorto

Family secrets emerge as a best-selling author dives into the history of the mob in small-town America.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis