Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff X
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages
    Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Sophie

How I Live Now
At first I found it a little confusing, with the lack of speech marks but once I got used to it I found it was an absolutely outstanding book, I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from start to finish and didn't put it down. A must read.
sweetsmells:P

How I Live Now
This book is amazing! It definitely deserved the Michael L. Printz award. It was filled with everything to keep a teenager interested.Suspense, lust, emotion, everything!!!!!!!! If you get the chance to read, DO SO!!
Jayne

Brilliant.
I thought this book was amazing. The lack of grammer was confusing at first, but does not mean to say that Meg Rosoff "shouldn't publish a book". It is not the kind of thing I usually would read, but I would definitely read more of her work.
Kimberly

A Step into Adult Reading
This book is absolutely amazing. The adventures of Daisy and her cousins in a war-torn time are not only realistic and captivating; they are an introduction to more advanced writing styles for young-adults. It is one of the first books that will introduce to children the classic styles of Chuck Palahniuk, Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Kerouac and even James St. James. The lack of punctuation may be at first confusing, but introduces the way that language can reflect emotions in story telling. The story includes content that is slightly adult, thus it being a young-adult book. There is smoking, drinking, swearing, and vague references to sex between cousins. None are too striking, just shadows of the adult world of literature. This book is an off-beat, beginner’s Catcher in the Rye; a coming of age story laced with complications. I would recommend it for anyone old enough to handle the ascent into more adult reading, or anyone who has already surpassed that point and would just like a very enjoyable story.
anne cute

Magnificient
This book was the most compelling and touching book I have ever read in my life. It talks about how Daisy find out what love really mean and the most unforgettable trip to London where war starts. It is the best book ever.
eliza poulton

liza
This book is absolutely amazing!!
I was made to read it by my English teacher and I have ended up doing my main piece of coursework on it because it is just so so good!! I just didn't want it to end to be honest! I wanted to keep reading and reading and because I am a teenager I understood it completely about what she was talking about!! 10/10 for definite!
Poppy

how i live now - Meg Rosoff
This book is truly outstanding! just as you think you know what is going to happen the storyline changes direction and it is impossible to tell what is going to happen. this book had me gripped until I had read every single page twice. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to be amazed!
Emilia

Fantastic Book
I loved this book so much - i have to say it is the best book I have ever read!!!

• Book Jacket: The Age of Living Machines
    The Age of Living Machines
    by Susan Hockfield
    In the face of looming global challenges, such as overpopulation, resource depletion and disease, Dr...
    The Mars Room
    by Rachel Kushner
    There is palpable tension between expectation and reality in Rachel Kushner's third novel. The ...
  • Book Jacket: The Guest Book
    The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake
    Sarah Blake's critically-acclaimed third novel The Guest Book was a hit with our First Impressions ...
  • Book Jacket: How It Feels to Float
    How It Feels to Float
    by Helena Fox
    Even though Biz's dad has been dead for ten years, he constantly visits her and tells stories about ...

Patsy
    by Nicole Dennis-Benn

A haunting depiction of immigration and womanhood, and the silent threads of love.

Book Club
Her Kind of Case
by Jeanne Winer

A highly-recommended emotion-filled legal drama with three starred reviews!

Win Conviction

Conviction by Denise Mina

The captivating, utterly unforgettable new thriller for fans of Killing Eve and The Woman in the Window

L A Let L