What readers think of How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

How I Live Now

Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

lara knight, 13, london,

13 year old, lara knight
As I do not like reading (normally), and I have counted that I have tried to get into reading 35 times ( I have tried to read 35 different books)
it's an absolute miracle that I absolutely loved this book. this is the first book I have past the 5th chapter. It's amazing I suggest it from anyone above the age of eleven at some points i was crying. I dreamt about all the goings ons in the book for a good five weeks after, literally. I am 13, I live in London and normally hate reading but I literally couldn't put the book down I could not stop reading, I am normally more interested in boys or shopping. However with this book I even told my friends that I was ill one day so i didn't have to go to the cinema with them so I could read the end of the book, as my eyes literally would not stay open the night before (however much i tried) so I could not finish the book.
I am just about to start her other book Just In Case I am so excited as How I Live Now was AMAZING! xx
adelina

LOVE IT!!
I absolutely love it! I was once in a war and I know quite what Daisy was feeling but she had it much worse and I could feel the pain she was having and this book seriously made me cry, thats how intense and sad it was. The tragedies Daisy went through and she survived all of it out of love. LOVE THIS BOOK!! Ever thought of making it into a movie? I guess some parts would be gory but I wouldn't mind. I would love to see the same situation on film!!!
gemma lacey

READ THIS PLEASE
i read this and it took me 3 days to read it. but when i put this book down i didnt want it to end i wanted it to continue not because i'm some sad person with no life it is because it was so emotional and so intresting that i wanted it to carry on tell me more bout daisy and edmondy it made me cry quiet a bit...and thats all i have to say i cryed actually a lot x x x
maria

oh, wow!!!
This was a very good book, i personally think because it made me realize many things about the wars going on and how they can change your world. Wars have a very big impact on not just adults but teens and kids. This book has a lot to show about love being broken and torn apart because of war. So many people these days go thru the same thing that Daisy was going thru and I love this book i was really into it.
Sarah S

How I live Now
This book was amazing. I felt like it crossed the void between fictionand reality, and merged the two together. One of the most heartwarming (yet also sad) books I have ever read. I was talking to my friends about it for weeks and still can't quite forget about it. I even read it in one sitting, i was unable to leave it alone. The characters are so vivid and you really care about them. This book is bound to tug at the heartstrings of all those who read it and i defy anyone not to feel a tear creep into their eye when they read it!
Prenton High School

One of the best books that have been read
We think this book is excellent because it describes how the chacracters feel and look. Also Meg Rosoff really understands the teenage mind, then the way she knows so much about the war and shows that she's not afraid to tell readers the truth. We like the way she writes the book informaly because its like she is making Daisy speak to us, like in a conversation.
Nicole

How I live now?
This book left me in shock. It really had an effect on me and all the time I was reading it I couldn't find myself to put it down. Really well written and a fascinating read - Excellent! Thankyou to Meg Rosoff for writing this book.
Tick

this book is great
I loved reading this book it was very different then lots of books I have read and I liked how it was from a teenagers point of veiw it really made it feel like you were in her head. I would recommend this book.

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

W N, W Not

A book is one of the most patient of all man's inventions.