Reader reviews and comments on A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray X
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Trish (01/06/05)

Absoloutly loved this book, dont ever hestitate to read it.
Cydney (12/27/04)

This book is great for teens, the vocabulary is so rich it drags you in with the first sentance. This book is so captivating it leaves you happy and satisfied at the end, but at the same time making you want to beg for more. A Great and Terrible beauty makes you drink in all it has to say throughout the whole book, and at the end makes you feel like there was something great accomplished with this book.
isabel (12/23/04)

I have to say that this book was really cool. I loved the setting and the time too. First I didn't understand why was it called A Great And Terrible Beauty but as I read more I began to understand. I really think you (whoever is reading) should read this book. It's about adventures, dangers, secrets, enchanted worlds but most of all about the power of a mysterious girl.
c.c. (12/21/04)

I never thought that I could say I have a favoite book, but this one was fantastic. I couldn't put it down so I brought it everywhere and stayed up late so I could finish it in three days. I recomend it to anyone. In fact, when I was done I had my mom read it and she loved it and than I suggested to a friend and it turns out that she already read it and loved it! Not only did I love the captivating element of the mystery and the setting of victorian england, but I think the author is a very talented writer and this book is a great peice of liturature. Even if you don't like fantasy books, the author made every thing seem so real when she expressed the emotions of the charecters. It had a powerful element of love and friendship and all the chapters left me hanging, which makes it even more exciting. I am so glad I stumbled by it at the book storte!
viOlet (12/17/04)

this is my favorite book of all time now. i love it because it has everything. love, friendship, mystery, horror, and the setting of a place filled with a silent wonder which draws in the reader immediatley. i think the characters are so realistic and they exist in the lives somewhere for everyone. i cant wait for the next book!! and maybe a movie??
Catherine (12/13/04)

We had to pick a book to read in English, and i saw this and thought it looked alright, but it was smashing!! It was great from the begining i couldnt put it down.
Chelsea (12/12/04)

I loved this book. I let my friends borrow it and they all loved it too. The book is captivating and I couldn't put it down.
Gillian (11/21/04)

All I can say is WOW. This is an incredible piece of literature. I was asked by a local bookstore to write a pre-publication review of it and, let me tell you, I had absolutely nothing bad to say about it. The plot is so captivating and the characters are so true. Even the fantasy is real. As a matter of fact, the realness of this "dark power" stuck with me in a frightening (but good) way every time I put the book down.

• Book Jacket: Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions
    The Girls in the Picture
    by Melanie Benjamin

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony