Reader reviews and comments on A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Mireya (01/10/06)

Awesome, great,no words can express
First, I have to thank my best friend Becca for giving me this extrodinary book! This impacted my thinking for a week. The characters are realistic; you feel as if you can go to school and find these people. This is sort of corny, but it was romantic in a sense. I felt as if this could really happen. I am an avid reader, and Im very hard on books. This had me hanging on every word. I would have to read this book 10 times to get bored with it. Everybody MUST read this book(at least all of the girls).
Tayls (11/11/05)

i love libba bray
i loed this book and i passed it on to my friends who now love the book and now im soo ready for the last book!
Emma (10/17/05)

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!
Ok. So I have read both of Libba Brays' books and have loved them both!They're so exciting and i just love them!I am like obsessed and CAN NOT WAIT until the third and final book!Im upset because there is only one book left but i think it will be even better than the first two!(if thats even possible!)Everyone should read these!People off all ages (unless ur under 8 i dont recommend it!) Even my English teacher likes these books!
christina cleveland (08/30/05)

This book is fantastic......
i found this book to be overwhelmingly fantastic and i loved the story and the quite accurate description of the world in the victorian age. i would read this book even if it was terrible, just so i would be able to read the next one. A Great and Terrible Beauty was quite good, but Rebel Angels is simply Marvelous. there are no words to describe it. so i suggest everyone read A Great and Terrible Beauty just so you can read the next one. and i mean reading this one isnt torture i found it to be quite pleasurable actually, CONGRATULATIONS LIBBA BRAY ON WRITING TWO FANTASTIC BOOKS, I AM SO VERY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE, please hurry up and write it, i am so unbelievably unpatient, i need the next book NOW
Sheila (06/14/05)

Mine
I thought it was a good book, though it took me a while to get past the beginning, and books I can't get into and like it from the beginning aren't my favourites, I've read better but it was okay
Melina, 12 (05/11/05)

I absolutely loved this book!
A Great and Terrible Beauty was one of the best books I've ever read!! Something that I really loved about it was how it started in with the action right from the beginning and didn't stop until the end. I like books that are fast paced, can surprise you, and are well written. This book had all three. It only took me a few days to read because it was so good. I ended up reading it under my bed covers with a clip on light because I just couldn't put it down. The characters were well developed, and I particularly like the way the story is told. All the verbs are present tense, so it seems that the story is happening as you read it. I thought that was very effective. I was hooked on this book and now I can't wait for the sequel. Read it, you'll get hooked too!
Sally (03/01/05)

This book was pretty good, but it left obvious room for a sequel. The way the story evolved was pretty intense, but I liked it. I got home after buying it, and did not put it down until it was finished.
malie (02/23/05)

I am 14 yrs old and I throughly enjoyd this book. I really like how there is so much mystery and interesting characters. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.

• Book Jacket: Barkskins
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All