Reader reviews and comments on A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Mireya (01/10/06)

Awesome, great,no words can express
First, I have to thank my best friend Becca for giving me this extrodinary book! This impacted my thinking for a week. The characters are realistic; you feel as if you can go to school and find these people. This is sort of corny, but it was romantic in a sense. I felt as if this could really happen. I am an avid reader, and Im very hard on books. This had me hanging on every word. I would have to read this book 10 times to get bored with it. Everybody MUST read this book(at least all of the girls).
Tayls (11/11/05)

i love libba bray
i loed this book and i passed it on to my friends who now love the book and now im soo ready for the last book!
Emma (10/17/05)

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!
Ok. So I have read both of Libba Brays' books and have loved them both!They're so exciting and i just love them!I am like obsessed and CAN NOT WAIT until the third and final book!Im upset because there is only one book left but i think it will be even better than the first two!(if thats even possible!)Everyone should read these!People off all ages (unless ur under 8 i dont recommend it!) Even my English teacher likes these books!
christina cleveland (08/30/05)

This book is fantastic......
i found this book to be overwhelmingly fantastic and i loved the story and the quite accurate description of the world in the victorian age. i would read this book even if it was terrible, just so i would be able to read the next one. A Great and Terrible Beauty was quite good, but Rebel Angels is simply Marvelous. there are no words to describe it. so i suggest everyone read A Great and Terrible Beauty just so you can read the next one. and i mean reading this one isnt torture i found it to be quite pleasurable actually, CONGRATULATIONS LIBBA BRAY ON WRITING TWO FANTASTIC BOOKS, I AM SO VERY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE, please hurry up and write it, i am so unbelievably unpatient, i need the next book NOW
Sheila (06/14/05)

Mine
I thought it was a good book, though it took me a while to get past the beginning, and books I can't get into and like it from the beginning aren't my favourites, I've read better but it was okay
Melina, 12 (05/11/05)

I absolutely loved this book!
A Great and Terrible Beauty was one of the best books I've ever read!! Something that I really loved about it was how it started in with the action right from the beginning and didn't stop until the end. I like books that are fast paced, can surprise you, and are well written. This book had all three. It only took me a few days to read because it was so good. I ended up reading it under my bed covers with a clip on light because I just couldn't put it down. The characters were well developed, and I particularly like the way the story is told. All the verbs are present tense, so it seems that the story is happening as you read it. I thought that was very effective. I was hooked on this book and now I can't wait for the sequel. Read it, you'll get hooked too!
Sally (03/01/05)

This book was pretty good, but it left obvious room for a sequel. The way the story evolved was pretty intense, but I liked it. I got home after buying it, and did not put it down until it was finished.
malie (02/23/05)

I am 14 yrs old and I throughly enjoyd this book. I really like how there is so much mystery and interesting characters. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.

• Book Jacket: Lincoln in the Bardo
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.

K Your F C