Reader reviews and comments on A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Ali (03/21/08)

A Great and Terrible Beauty
I love this book! It is very interesting. I like it how it has taken place in the victorean ages! I'm only 11 and it's my favorite book ever!
Vicky (02/28/08)

Oh the great and terrible beauty of it!
This is an outstanding book from an unforgettable trilogy. The story is gripping and keeps you begging for more. It's the kind of story where you just want to tune out the rest of the world, crawl under the covers, and read from start to finish. Libba Bray has you falling in love with all the characters and blurs the line of good and evil to the point that you're not sure whose side your on. This is one of my favorite books of all time and I recommend it to everyone, but mostly to teenage girls like me! I also think that you should read it if you enjoy Stephenie Meyer's series. Begin reading this book and open your mind to the realms.
Gemma (01/03/08)

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
I love this book! It is sooo good.I wasn't sure if I would like it when I first read it because I don't read a lot. My mom got it for me because of my name. Now, I have the second and the third book and I just started to read the third one. I recommend it to the anyone who read both books and liked them.
Hillary (10/20/07)

A Great and Terrible Beauty
This book was absolutely amazing, and one that I quickly devoured. The book really made me think about how times have changed and how young women of today are treated much differently. "A Great and Terrible Beauty" is a "must-read" for teenage girls, as it is gripping, thrilling, extremely well-written, and it portrays the characters as real people. Gemma Doyle has admirable qualities, but also some faults, making this book quite accurate and lifelike. A great read!!
Reba (06/03/07)

WOW
When I read this book I started to look at things differently. I wish I had such a power to enter the realms and had friends that could believe with me. Gemma, Ann, Pippa, and Felicity are so real in a Victorian sense. I loved the whole book, except Katrik hardly fit into the story lines, except for his small warning notes, his brother, and Gemmas burning sexual craving towards him. Overall this is one of the best books have ever read, keep them coming! I cant wait to read "Rebel Angels"!!!
Marley (03/29/07)

GREAT BOOK
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray is a delightful novel containing both passion and terror. This novel is intended for teen girls who are looking for a delectable fantasy to read on spare time instead of watching television. Her novel has inspired me to keep on reading her books and to stay away from the television. Overall Great Book.
Dakota (01/13/07)

WOO!
I really enjoyed this book. It only took me three days to read it because I kept wanting to read more. I am actually writing a book report on A Great and Terrible Beauty right now! :D
Jessica Snowdon (12/28/06)

A Great and Terrible Beauty
A Great and Terrible Beauty is a creepy and elegant story at the same time. It takes place at Spence Academy in London England which gives it an interesting setting. I, as an 18 year old read it in about 1 month! This novel did have some dull moments but overall would definitely recommend this story to any of my friends and family.

My Name Is Leon
    by Roxane Gay

News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Happiness
    by Heather Harpham

A love story that follows a one-of-a-kind family through twists of fate that require nearly unimaginable choices.

Win The Resurrection of Joan Ashby