What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Tale of Despereaux

Aug 2003, 272 pages

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

lexis lea

despereax, roscuro, miggery and soup
I think everyone should read this book, it is my favorite novel! There are some sad parts, but heroic Despereax risks his life to save a princess that is in a dungeon and a little girl with a butcher knife desperate to be a princess with a dumb normal rat. I love the book I give it a three thumb up
GO DESPEREAUX.
Sarah Lossder

the bes book on the face of the earth
The tale of Despereaux is the best book that I had ever reaad in my life. I really recommend this book to young readers who want a challange to read but wants it to be adventurous. I think that this is the best book that my teachers ever had me read my friend and I finished it in two days. Thank you Kate Dicamillo for writing the best book ever!
jessica7775

Despereaoux the mouse
After I heard this story I read it 3 more times so think the mouse called Despereaux inspired me me read a lot of books like Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Erin

AWSOME BOOK!
I loved this book. it was full of excitement and courage and lots of things that make a book good to read. I could read this book over and over again.
Amy

Great read-a-loud
I am a mom who reads to her children at night. This was a beautiful and well written story.My children and I greatly enjoyed it. The only drawback to this book, though was that is was so good that I found myself reading to the children longer than I should have because we all enjoyed the story. Parents, should you read this book to your children you may have to be flexible about bed time for a few nights!
another dude that read this book

the tale of despereaux
This book was awesome! i give it....lets see....2...carry the one..... 50000000 thumbs up!
good book

LUV IT
I am so thrilled to have read this book! It is about a mouse, princess, some soup and a spool of red thread! If you think this book is not good at all you are WRONG! This is not an insulting book , if you read carefully you would understand it. This is a book you need to read till the end in order to understand it. Plus it goes back in time!
m.m

x-cellent book!
To those who don't like this book, knock yourselves out. This is one of the best books I've ever read. There are tons of twists to leave you thinking. Best of all, the tale of Despereaux picks you up and basically won't let go with all the excitement, but it won't make you get so OVER-EXITED that you burst! so take my advice, its an A+++++book! u would also think its great if you're doing a book report be cause its easy!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C