What readers think of Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Aug 2002, 304 pages

Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

SAL

Fantastic book , my wife suggested it me after reading a review in one of her magazines , Liam Hearn NEVER heard of him before , waiting for the next book , i would recommend this book to anyone , has a good plot , plenty of action e.t.c and a little magic.
Nicolas James Garner

This book has the clear markings of a brilliant and creative mind. Liam Hearn has just managed to create a wonderful work of fiction that left a seasoned reader like me craving for more. The relationship between Takeo, Shigeru and the enchanting world of the Otori shows the bearing of a book destined to be a movie!! (By the way, where are the other two books????)

The author has already written all three books so expect the next volume about a year after the first, and the third a year later - this is standard practise by publishers, designed to build sales/interest over a period of time - Davina, BookBrowse.com
Dennis

Great Read. I couldnt' put it down.
Jon Ellis

Across the nightingale floor writes of a magnificent journey of an unlikely assassin with tremendous talents through his search for revenge and love. this novel reminds me of the game Shogun:Total War and i recomend both to anyone.
Joseph Marchisella

Lian Hearns "Across The Nightingale Floor" is a well constructed and vey entertaining read. The similarities in social stucture between those presented in the book and Fuedal Japan are startling and numerous. On the flip side of the coin the explanation that it exists in a fantasy world gives the book a rare double edged blade of depth. Thank you.
Todd

I found this book an excelent read! As soon as I saw it, I thought it would be a good book to read, and I bought it straight away. The way that Lian has weaved the story about a boy who lives with his mum in a peaceful little town, then one day finding that his village has been attacked and people and homes destroyed, then being forced into adulthood is excellent!

I found it emotional near the end, which gives it a little bit more feeling, and makes it hard for anyone to put it down!
Neill Tannock

I never use to read. Im 18 and i only just started! I started by reading the Harry Potter books which i was preasured in to by my obsessed brother and sisters. But to my amament i actually enjoyed them. After i finished the four books i tried to find another book that i would read. I looked for two weeks in every book store for a book i would enjoy and nothing found me. Then while i was in Tescos of al places ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR jumped out at me i bought it instantly and i swear i didnt drop it for three days solid and after that i was finished that was a week ago and i have read it again twice since. So if you want a really good book to read then i suggest Across the Nightingale Floor. YOU WONT PUT IT DOWN!!!
Davina - BookBrowse.com

Brilliant! Samurai warriors clash with magically gifted Ninjas in part one of a three part trilogy set in a fictitious Japan. The book comes complete with star-crossed lovers, villains you'll love to hate and honorable heroes - no doubt doomed to further tribulations in the remainder of the trilogy.

Many books have kept me up at night but not many have caused me to wake up early to finish them. In this case, I took the book camping and was so hooked that, on waking at 4am, I happily left the warm confines of my sleeping bag, and sleeping family, in order to sit outside, shivering in the cold early morning, reading by flashlight until the sun rose two hours later! This isn't a particularly deep or intellectual book - just a rippingly good mainstream historical fiction yarn.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...
  • Book Jacket: After Sappho
    After Sappho
    by Selby Wynn Schwartz

"Someone will remember us, I say, even in another time."
    —Sappho, fragment ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

This Other Eden
    by Paul Harding

A novel inspired by the true story of Malaga Island from the Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Tinkers.

It's A G T Me

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it