What readers think of Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Aug 2002, 304 pages

Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Phillip

This book is absolutly great. It has a well thought out, well paced and well realised storyline that grips you from the beginning. THe action, when it is described, is portrayed with an appropriate level of detail and is exciting enough to keep you interested. There is little to fault about this book, all aspects of it are handled sensitively and obviously well researched. Can't wait for Grass For his Pillow!
scarecrow

Do you like Harry Potter? Do you like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Do you like Lord of the Rings? ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is all of these books in one. I picked it up and have not been able too put it down since. Lian Hearn creates a world so well with words that you would think you were actually in medieval Japan. ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is sure too be the next big thing with its comparisons to the above titles and with Universal studios picking up the movie rights. If you like these types of books you will love ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR! I cant wait for the secon part GRASS FOR HISPILLOW!
NN

Once u start reading it, u can't stop until the last page

Flynn symonds

A book that exites and enchants, full of ancient Japanese secrets of tribes and clans. It's weakness was the failure to fully reveal the secrets explored of the nightingale floor. i would like to know more about the floor, sound arts and such.

Takeo was an appealing character, moral an sensitive. A great read.
Jessie

I was completely hooked on this book and read it all in one sitting! The imagery and characters were so beautifully portrayed that I forgot about everything for a couple of hours and totally delved into Lian Hern's world. I can't wait to read the next one, I sincerely hope it is as good as the first.
Emelie

It was absolutely wonderful! One of the best books I've ever read!
Mary

I'm from Brazil, and i bought the portuguese version of it. In my opinion, it's an excelent book! One of those you cannot stop reading until ypu reach the end.

it was a wonderful book. Can't wait for the next one.

Join and Save 20%!

by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, a new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

It was one of the worst speeches I ever heard ... when a simple apology was all that was required.