What readers think of Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Aug 2002, 304 pages

Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Matt Lovelace

I've read both of the Otori books and I can honestly say that they are the best I've ever read. I could not put them down. In fact I plowed through the second book in two days. Awesome.
ah_ku mei ^^

The first book had excited me and immediatly I read the next.

I have to say this is one of the most excellent book I have come across because

it suited me with rich context from the ancient history, which i LOVE.

Now, i'm waiting in anticipation for the third...

Oh gawd, my brain is tearing... help! Where is my third book???
Joka

This book is the best Ive read probably. I think its way better than the harry potter books and im surprised its not as well known. Great storyline and the the authour brings to life the charachters and the environment brilliantly. Im tryin to get all my friends to read. I cant wait for the third one.
Raziel the MechWarrior

Read this book, I Command You! You will love it.
Jandor

Lian Hearn's "Across the Nightingale Floor" inspires the reader with it's historical-fantastic atmosphere continuing the much beloved ancient history of Japan.
Darkmarvel

This is a definite for those of you who love anime involving power full ninja.
Phil

hey I´m from Germany and I must say this book is the best book I´ve ever read in my live!!!
Christina Li Volsi

Excellent plot and page turner!!! I cannot wait to buy Tales of Otori II and III. WOW!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Change
    Change
    by Edouard Louis
    Édouard Louis's 2014 debut novel, The End of Eddy—an instant literary success, published ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Time
    Big Time
    by Ben H. Winters
    Big Time, the latest offering from prolific novelist and screenwriter Ben H. Winters, is as ...
  • Book Jacket: Becoming Madam Secretary
    Becoming Madam Secretary
    by Stephanie Dray
    Our First Impressions reviewers enjoyed reading about Frances Perkins, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Bloodcarver
    The Last Bloodcarver
    by Vanessa Le
    The city-state of Theumas is a gleaming metropolis of advanced technology and innovation where the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Half a Cup of Sand and Sky
by Nadine Bjursten
A poignant portrayal of a woman's quest for love and belonging amid political turmoil.

Members Recommend

The House on Biscayne Bay
    by Chanel Cleeton

As death stalks a gothic mansion in Miami, the lives of two women intertwine as the past and present collide.

The Stone Home
    by Crystal Hana Kim

A moving family drama and coming-of-age story revealing a dark corner of South Korean history.

Win This Book
Win The Funeral Cryer

The Funeral Cryer by Wenyan Lu

Debut novelist Wenyan Lu brings us this witty yet profound story about one woman's midlife reawakening in contemporary rural China.

M as A H