Reader reviews and comments on The Lovely Bones, plus links to write your own review.

The Lovely Bones

by Alice Sebold

The Lovely Bones

Jun 2002, 288 pages
    Apr 2004, 352 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Lovely Bones

Molly (12/01/03)

Lovely Bones was a huge inspiration to me! At first I was not sure about the book, but
as soon as I read the first sentence I was hooked. The book was full of love and hate, and
will always be stuck in my mind. Susie is a character that I will never FORGET!!!!!!!!!!
Aubrey (11/23/03)

Alice did a wonderful job at keeping my interest in this story. I've never read a book with such enthusiasm.

Age: 15
Suzan (11/19/03)

She made the story so real! I recommend this to anyone who has sometime to read!
KP (11/15/03)

Alice Sebold told one event could effect an entire town. It puts everything into a new perceptive for me. I love how she put in Susie's point of view. The only thing that was wrong with it was that it had a great beginning but then it was hard to keeping reading at the end. But over-all it was an awesome book and I would truly read it again!! (age: 17)
Nancy (11/13/03)

I hated it.
backer6574654 (11/04/03)

This book was amazing, the fact that her family has learned to move on and that she can move along up in heaven is incredible. This is a book that everyone should read, it helps us experience things that we may never have the chance to experience and through characterzation and setting the reader can feel exactly what Susie and her family is feeling. (age 16)
alejandra hernandez (10/26/03)

this book has opened up my eyes to a whole new world. it has helped to be thankful for my everday things and not to take things for granted.
Sharon (10/23/03)

This was an amazing book. I cried all the way through it, not because it was sad, but because it was a fantastic emotional insight into the possibilities of the after life. The character retained human emotion, and the plot was well thought out and believable.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am
    Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review