MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Lovely Bones, plus links to write your own review.

The Lovely Bones

by Alice Sebold

The Lovely Bones

Jun 2002, 288 pages
    Apr 2004, 352 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Lovely Bones

Molly (12/01/03)

Lovely Bones was a huge inspiration to me! At first I was not sure about the book, but
as soon as I read the first sentence I was hooked. The book was full of love and hate, and
will always be stuck in my mind. Susie is a character that I will never FORGET!!!!!!!!!!
Aubrey (11/23/03)

Alice did a wonderful job at keeping my interest in this story. I've never read a book with such enthusiasm.

Age: 15
Suzan (11/19/03)

She made the story so real! I recommend this to anyone who has sometime to read!
KP (11/15/03)

Alice Sebold told one event could effect an entire town. It puts everything into a new perceptive for me. I love how she put in Susie's point of view. The only thing that was wrong with it was that it had a great beginning but then it was hard to keeping reading at the end. But over-all it was an awesome book and I would truly read it again!! (age: 17)
Nancy (11/13/03)

I hated it.
backer6574654 (11/04/03)

This book was amazing, the fact that her family has learned to move on and that she can move along up in heaven is incredible. This is a book that everyone should read, it helps us experience things that we may never have the chance to experience and through characterzation and setting the reader can feel exactly what Susie and her family is feeling. (age 16)
alejandra hernandez (10/26/03)

this book has opened up my eyes to a whole new world. it has helped to be thankful for my everday things and not to take things for granted.
Sharon (10/23/03)

This was an amazing book. I cried all the way through it, not because it was sad, but because it was a fantastic emotional insight into the possibilities of the after life. The character retained human emotion, and the plot was well thought out and believable.

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q