Reader reviews and comments on Tuesdays With Morrie, plus links to write your own review.

Tuesdays With Morrie

Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 146 reader reviews for Tuesdays With Morrie

Sophia (04/11/07)

Amazing
I had heard about this book from my friend i thought 'Oh, another book about the soul and stuff?' But since I love reading I read it and boy was I WRONG...I absolutely loved it! It made me cry and laugh and also think about life and how everything is...the book amazing it was non-fiction Morrie, a person like that existed? I'm just so happy I got recommended this book plus that my thoughts were TOTALLY changed after reading this book! Favorite quote: "Dying is living"
ms M. (04/02/07)

the aftershock...
I have been into this book for a very long time until I finally got the chance to buy myself my own copy of Tuesdays with Morrie (it took a year though, as I tried to haggle on its price). Superbly written, I had read the unexpected things I could ever imagine myself reading. Those were thoughts you wont get tired pondering as those spoke reality. I savored each heart-wrenching line. Each chapter had translated into moments of reflection (Am i too bad or what?). I anticipated each statement with vigor although truth be told, I'm a lazy reader. It took me 4 long months to finish reading that book! (procrastination indeed).

Each soulful day on Morrie's life gave the reader the chance to sit back and think of life's purpose. Our lives may be driven by mundane insignificants but if we were to look beyond we surely can see this life's significance. True, life isn't just about finding your happiness through earthly possessions but its about reliving the values in your life. I often find guilty of this. I overlook small details and hardly notice the important aspects of my life. I get overwhelmed with instantaneity which had gotten into my cycle. But after much contemplation, I came to see the goodness of reality at its downside. Life indeed isn't about finding comfort amidst the suffering but finding suffering amidst comfort. These sufferings will take you to your final destination after a long journey here on earth...
Sonal (04/01/07)

Outstanding
I had heard about this book from few friends and finally got around to reading it today. I read this book in 2 hours in one sitting. It made me cry it made me laugh.
Best of all it made me realize life is worth living and sooner we learn to live life the way its meant to be the better it is for us. Very grateful for having had the opportunity to read this book. Thank you.
Anne (02/16/07)

in school suspension..
i found this book under a desk, i was sitting in my school office serving a in school suspension for being late :) and i found this book under the desk i was in, i had nothing better to do, so i started to read it, by the end of the school day i had finished the book, and was glad i found it. this book had truly touched me, and i loved it.
Priya (01/10/07)

Versy Inspirational
I read this book for a class project worth 10 percent of my mark, I dread reading but this book took it all off because I enjoyed reading it. It has touched me and I always heard that books can really touch you but never felt it until now. I learned alongside Mitch all that Morrie had to teach. I hope to use this to make my life better and more satisfying. THANKS soo much
Doug (05/21/06)

Just, Wow.
I connot believe how much this touched me, and my family, reading this book. This book does relate to me much, and I recommend to all people wanting a good read, or just wanting to learn about life. Morrie sounded like a great guy, and Mitch put him to rest with this book like he should be. Big props to Mitch.
Jack mehoff (04/24/06)

Tuesdays with morrie
I enjoyed this book very much. I recently graduated high school and gave this book to one of my teachers as a gift. The book touched me in many ways. Throughout my high school years I had become close with this one certain teacher, she was my eleventh grade English teacher. She later became a friend who was always willing to give advice, and help me see the other side of situations. I related with Mitch in the closeness he felt to his "teacher". His teacher of academics, but most importantly life. The thing I took out of this book is that life is your teacher, and you are its pupil! I am glad the i had the opportunity to spend time with my fellow pupil in the classroom of life. She will always be apart of my memories, as Morrie will to Mitch.
Jack Mehoff (04/20/06)

Tuesdays with morrie
This book sucks it was horribly written it contains insightful information but the story was poorly In my opinon, this book is completely over rated. From what i heard about it i expected it to be a lot better.

• Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me

by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F