Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

by Anita Diamant

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant X
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Sep 1997, 321 pages
    Sep 1998, 321 pages

There are currently 52 reader reviews for The Red Tent

someone

this book sucks! it drags on and on and you cant get into it. dont read it, dont waste your time.
Habib R Achmed

This was horrible.
Rose sonup

I think The Red Tent was a beautifully woven tale, a remarkable tapestry of the fictional life of Dinah. At 50 years old, Istill flinch at the graphic descriptions of some personal behaviors and intimate relationships. Todays good fiction seems to need these types of graphic descriptions to sell the literature. I wish the author could have left out some of the sexual descriptions and used a different method of writing to get her point across. Authors must keep in mind the delicate minds of some of the young readers that are reading adult literature today. I believe the males in Biblical times treated women unfairly at times. Many times. God breathed love has an eternal perspective and I prefer to believe that the evolving spirituality of Jacob and Joseph was more loving toward their women. We don't know for sure. I still want to believe in the goodness of these men. I personally would feel it is sacrilege to defame these Biblical men. Women are healers for sure, but the balance between men and women must be equal - the author's pendulum swings too much in favor of the godliness of women. It is not the way to the perfect love I want to seek after.
Kristen O.

HI. I would just like to say that I enjoyed this book. I just couldn't put in down! I thought it was very interseting,and just a really good story.I mean every one knows that jacob had one daughter (and weather it is true or not) was still a good book. I'm not trying to trash anyone eleses opoion but with a title like 'the red tent' and if you read the back it should tell you it wasn't ment for guys. I mean I'm only 13 and I fully understood what was going on. you should totally read it. you wont regret it!!!

Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Fake Like Me
    Fake Like Me
    by Barbara Bourland
    After years of trying to make it as a painter in New York City, the unnamed narrator of Fake Like Me...
  • Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...
  • Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt
    by Andrea Bobotis

A thoughtful and quintessentially Southern debut that unfolds like a magnolia.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly