Reader reviews and comments on The Red Tent, plus links to write your own review.

The Red Tent

by Anita Diamant

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant X
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Sep 1997, 321 pages
    Sep 1998, 321 pages

There are currently 52 reader reviews for The Red Tent

Monica L. McHam

Astounding. Even stripped of the religious and sociological baggage - this is a great book! One of the best I have read in years! Without "taking anything away" from the Old Testament account of Jacob's tribe, the story adds the rich, satisfying experience of the women of the time. In this story lives the strong, nurturing vibrant community of women, which many of us count as sorely missing in modern society. Although a novel (and clearly identified as such) the tale is founded in the same historical events as those accepted as true by many people. Truly a wonderful book.
Erika

It was a really good book that reaches out to family traditions.
Jenessa Grant

An important book. More than a mere fictional interpretation of the Bible, it shows how vital female relationships are, especially mother/daughter relationships. A good coming-of-age story as well. Reccomended as a Mother's Day gift!
Glynda Gros

This is a book that stays with one for a very long time. It is like no other I have every read. I formed an intimate relationship with the women in the book from the very beginning. It is on my list to re-read.
harsh

impressive
Chris

This is one book that will be passed on and on - as it has been in my circle of friends. It is a very special book for women - It has such insight and feeling. The Red Tent will be among my favorites and will definitely be read again and again. I thank the author for such a beautiful piece of art.
Shannon River

My favorite of all the many books I've read in the past five years.
Tiffany

This book gives us a view into the lives of otherwise historically neglected women.

• Book Jacket: How to Make Friends with the Dark
    How to Make Friends with the Dark
    by Kathleen Glasgow
    Don't go to bed angry; make up after fights; always say I love you – you don't know when ...
    Red Birds
    by Mohammed Hanif
    Mohmmed Hanif's Red Birds is part Catch-22, part Slaughterhouse-Five, part Kafka's The Castle, and ...
  • Book Jacket: Endeavour
    Endeavour
    by Peter Moore
    Miriam-Webster defines a biography as "a usually written history of a person's life." One might ...
  • Book Jacket: On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
    On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
    by Ocean Vuong
    On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous, the bold and bracing debut novel by acclaimed poet Ocean Vuong, ...

The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather

The true story of one man, an underground army, and the secret mission to destroy Auschwitz from within.

The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin

A vivid novel about the intense rivalry between iconic fashion designers Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.

Win The Guest Book

The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense."
—Entertainment Weekly