MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

by Christopher Paul Curtis

Bud, Not Buddy

Aug 1999, 245 pages
    Jan 2002, 245 pages

There are currently 53 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Kelsey (10/14/04)

I liked this book because it made you laugh, but at the same time it was funny.
kitty (10/03/04)

it is so stupid
heather (09/14/04)

As a future teacher, I loved this book. I think it taught a good lesson that if you want something bad enough you can achieve it. I highly recommend this to anyone, child or adult!
Jay Jay (08/08/04)

It is great.
PCA 5th Grade (06/02/04)

This book was tremendously well-written, even a little bit too detailed at times. You really felt as though you got to know every character that came up in the book, even if they were not that important. The plot does get a little slow at times, but that is probably just because we are used to reading books out loud in our class that have event after event happening very quickly. In conclusion, this is a book that teaches you a lot about people, especially is the 1920's.
Tater Tot (04/22/04)

Book was awesome. It is trust me it's worth the money
Lymp (03/08/04)

I loved that book it was so easy to follow and it was good to comprehend.
Jenn (02/22/04)

It was awsome! It never made me stop reading.. You were left in Suspense of what was going to come next! I never put the book down!

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk