Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

by Christopher Paul Curtis

Bud, Not Buddy

Aug 1999, 245 pages
    Jan 2002, 245 pages

There are currently 53 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Bailey (11/05/08)

The Great Book
I loved the book Bud not Buddy, at first I was not so sure how I was going to like it. I love learning about things from the past weather it be 5,000 years ago or 40! I think I learned a lot from this book, like if you try hard enough you will find what you are looking for. Just like Bud he is trying so hard to find his dad because he believes that he is out there somewhere! It was the best book I have read so far!
Eileen (09/25/08)

One of the best
I have been sharing this book with the students in my school library for years. I have read it at least 25 times with different classes and I always laugh and cry just as much the last time as the first. One of the best books for children with one of the most believable and memorable main characters. I took would like to see it as a movie. I cannot drink any "red pop" with looking for something swirling around in it!!
moreandmorepandas (03/09/08)

Bud, not Buddy
Well, this was a great book, I couldn't put it down. It really explains the life of the boy and goes deep into the details. I definitely recomend this book to anyone!
Lauri (01/01/08)

bud not buddy
This book was one of the best books I have ever read. It sounded exactly like me my favorite thing about this book was Bud's rules. Over all this book was very good I like the part where Bud gets a Saxophone because I also play the saxophone.
Kayla (10/02/07)

Good
I think this book was very "adventures" I loved it because every time I turned a page I never wanted to put the book down. this book was great =) I hope to read more books from Chrisopher Curtis.
cheyanne P. (09/03/07)

awsome book!!!!!!
I thought this book was great. Once I started reading it, it was like I couldn't stop. This was a summer reading project book choice I chose and I would like to read this book again because of how good it was.
brey (12/01/06)

bad!
i really didn't like this book it was very slow and i hated the ending!
Me, Myself, and I (11/12/06)

BNB review
I think this book was awesome. I think Bud is a character that all kidscan look up too. I also think that there should be a movie out for Bud Not Buddy.

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P