MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

by Christopher Paul Curtis

Bud, Not Buddy

Aug 1999, 245 pages
    Jan 2002, 245 pages

There are currently 52 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Eileen (09/25/08)

One of the best
I have been sharing this book with the students in my school library for years. I have read it at least 25 times with different classes and I always laugh and cry just as much the last time as the first. One of the best books for children with one of the most believable and memorable main characters. I took would like to see it as a movie. I cannot drink any "red pop" with looking for something swirling around in it!!
moreandmorepandas (03/09/08)

Bud, not Buddy
Well, this was a great book, I couldn't put it down. It really explains the life of the boy and goes deep into the details. I definitely recomend this book to anyone!
Lauri (01/01/08)

bud not buddy
This book was one of the best books I have ever read. It sounded exactly like me my favorite thing about this book was Bud's rules. Over all this book was very good I like the part where Bud gets a Saxophone because I also play the saxophone.
Kayla (10/02/07)

Good
I think this book was very "adventures" I loved it because every time I turned a page I never wanted to put the book down. this book was great =) I hope to read more books from Chrisopher Curtis.
cheyanne P. (09/03/07)

awsome book!!!!!!
I thought this book was great. Once I started reading it, it was like I couldn't stop. This was a summer reading project book choice I chose and I would like to read this book again because of how good it was.
brey (12/01/06)

bad!
i really didn't like this book it was very slow and i hated the ending!
Me, Myself, and I (11/12/06)

BNB review
I think this book was awesome. I think Bud is a character that all kidscan look up too. I also think that there should be a movie out for Bud Not Buddy.
Marina (09/06/06)

my summer reading book
bud not buddy was assigned to me by my school as summer reading. when i started reading it in june i hated it and i only read 10 chapters. but i had to keep reading if i wanted to ace my test. the ending was incredible but the beggining was terrible

The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Bad Country
    by CB McKenzie
    If author CB McKenzie's decidedly noir debut novel Bad Country were chocolate, it would be at ...

If I Forget You
    by Thomas Christopher Greene

A haunting tale of lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal