Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

Jan 2002, 245 pages

There are currently 53 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Bailey (11/05/08)

The Great Book
I loved the book Bud not Buddy, at first I was not so sure how I was going to like it. I love learning about things from the past weather it be 5,000 years ago or 40! I think I learned a lot from this book, like if you try hard enough you will find what you are looking for. Just like Bud he is trying so hard to find his dad because he believes that he is out there somewhere! It was the best book I have read so far!
Eileen (09/25/08)

One of the best
I have been sharing this book with the students in my school library for years. I have read it at least 25 times with different classes and I always laugh and cry just as much the last time as the first. One of the best books for children with one of the most believable and memorable main characters. I took would like to see it as a movie. I cannot drink any "red pop" with looking for something swirling around in it!!
moreandmorepandas (03/09/08)

Bud, not Buddy
Well, this was a great book, I couldn't put it down. It really explains the life of the boy and goes deep into the details. I definitely recomend this book to anyone!
Lauri (01/01/08)

bud not buddy
This book was one of the best books I have ever read. It sounded exactly like me my favorite thing about this book was Bud's rules. Over all this book was very good I like the part where Bud gets a Saxophone because I also play the saxophone.
Kayla (10/02/07)

Good
I think this book was very "adventures" I loved it because every time I turned a page I never wanted to put the book down. this book was great =) I hope to read more books from Chrisopher Curtis.
cheyanne P. (09/03/07)

awsome book!!!!!!
I thought this book was great. Once I started reading it, it was like I couldn't stop. This was a summer reading project book choice I chose and I would like to read this book again because of how good it was.
brey (12/01/06)

bad!
i really didn't like this book it was very slow and i hated the ending!
Me, Myself, and I (11/12/06)

BNB review
I think this book was awesome. I think Bud is a character that all kidscan look up too. I also think that there should be a movie out for Bud Not Buddy.

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P