MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Bud, Not Buddy, plus links to write your own review.

Bud, Not Buddy

by Christopher Paul Curtis

Bud, Not Buddy

Aug 1999, 245 pages
    Jan 2002, 245 pages

There are currently 52 reader reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Eileen (09/25/08)

One of the best
I have been sharing this book with the students in my school library for years. I have read it at least 25 times with different classes and I always laugh and cry just as much the last time as the first. One of the best books for children with one of the most believable and memorable main characters. I took would like to see it as a movie. I cannot drink any "red pop" with looking for something swirling around in it!!
moreandmorepandas (03/09/08)

Bud, not Buddy
Well, this was a great book, I couldn't put it down. It really explains the life of the boy and goes deep into the details. I definitely recomend this book to anyone!
Lauri (01/01/08)

bud not buddy
This book was one of the best books I have ever read. It sounded exactly like me my favorite thing about this book was Bud's rules. Over all this book was very good I like the part where Bud gets a Saxophone because I also play the saxophone.
Kayla (10/02/07)

Good
I think this book was very "adventures" I loved it because every time I turned a page I never wanted to put the book down. this book was great =) I hope to read more books from Chrisopher Curtis.
cheyanne P. (09/03/07)

awsome book!!!!!!
I thought this book was great. Once I started reading it, it was like I couldn't stop. This was a summer reading project book choice I chose and I would like to read this book again because of how good it was.
brey (12/01/06)

bad!
i really didn't like this book it was very slow and i hated the ending!
Me, Myself, and I (11/12/06)

BNB review
I think this book was awesome. I think Bud is a character that all kidscan look up too. I also think that there should be a movie out for Bud Not Buddy.
Marina (09/06/06)

my summer reading book
bud not buddy was assigned to me by my school as summer reading. when i started reading it in june i hated it and i only read 10 chapters. but i had to keep reading if i wanted to ace my test. the ending was incredible but the beggining was terrible

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun