Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted

May 1997, 240 pages
    Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 200 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Sophia Honderla (11/29/04)

Ella Enchanted is a great book although i believe that Gail Carson Levine likes to have mothers that either die or get lost etc... its funny.

Gail Levine also wrote the two princesses of Bamarre. It is also very good....
Kessa Turnbull (11/08/04)

I love this book because it has romance, adventure and so many other things beside. I think they didn't do it credit by changing it so much for the movie.
Bloing (11/07/04)

My friend needed me to read the book for a porject, so she lent it to me. I read it in one day, and have to say that it is now one of my favourites, just before 'Harry Potter' 'The Hobbit', 'The Princess Bride', and 'The Lord of the Rings'. Oh yes, I have existed for 13 years, but I'm legally 12.
katie (11/02/04)

This book is amazing, once you start reading the first chapter you cant stop! I'm a slow reader, but this book practically took me a few hours, i simply couldn't put it down. Somw parts made me laugh out loud, but i cant forget about her relationjship with the prince and how awful it went (boo hoo hoo!), but there is a happy ending so not to worry. I would recomend this book to everyone who loves books about teenage girls!

READ IT!!!!!!!!
Laura (10/30/04)

i found this book really hard to get into. but once i did it was in the last couple of chapters.
i would have put the book down but i couldnt because i had to read it as part of my englis assignment at school.
Lisa (10/23/04)

I loved Ella Enchanted it was so real kinda .I read it gfive times and it is as i never read it´.I wish i could be her.IT SHULD WIN A GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ali (10/22/04)

My absolute favorite book. Gail Carson Levine rolls in adventure, romance, humor, a terrific plot and makes the best book I've ever read!!! Wonderfully written, Ella Enchanted is recomended to anyone! (Girls monstly...)
dani (10/17/04)

It was a very well done book but it is just not my type of reading, but I did enjoy it .

• Book Jacket: Here I Am
    Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review