What readers think of Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

raaf

This book is a classic novel of old times. Lives dealing with different religion. Although this book is beutifully detailed this is only a portrayel of what Griets life may have been,which gives the book a mystery to it, of whether her life was like that or not.
Heather Aiken

This seems to be a very intriuging book, but i do think it was a little hammed up.
I.K.

Just another silly and shallow book. But the film is even worse..
Sam Kuutmar

What was the point. The book did not have interesting charcters or plot. I read the whole thing just to see if it got better because it got such great reviews but it didnt improve. It wasnt fun to read or thought provoking I would say its borning and worthless.
DN

THE worst book I have ever read. Shallow storyline and NO ending!
Howine

This book was terrible and a complete waste of time.
lebonheur

The style is infantile, for the barely literate. Dead, studied and passionless. No fun, no joy, no nerves. Quit after 30 pages. You don't have to eat the whole apple to know that it is bad. See True Grit by Charles Porter to know how good a narrative by a young girl can be.
maRGas

i really didnt like it. For people that dont really like reading, it really doesnt encourage thjem to want to read ever again

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...
  • Book Jacket: After Sappho
    After Sappho
    by Selby Wynn Schwartz

"Someone will remember us, I say, even in another time."
    —Sappho, fragment ...

• Book Jacket: City Under One Roof
    City Under One Roof
    by Iris Yamashita
    When a disembodied arm and leg wash ashore in Point Mettier, Alaska, most residents assume they ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

River Sing Me Home
    by Eleanor Shearer

A remarkable debut about a mother's gripping journey across the Caribbean to find her stolen children in the aftermath of slavery.

This Other Eden
    by Paul Harding

A novel inspired by the true story of Malaga Island from the Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Tinkers.

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

It's A G T Me

It is always darkest just before the day dawneth