Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

joyce

the book is really awesome... i think the author is cool. she can describe and make us see the whole picture easily. i like the way she tells us about colors...it's great and yeah...the story itself is fantastic!!!
Angie

I highly recommend this book. I was already familiar with Vermeer and this was an interesting perpective on a famous painting. I bought the book for that reason. But I finished reading, and keep remembering the book because of the story and the characters. One of the most enjoyable books.
Lia

I thought that it was a wonderful book, the clarity of the descriptions was incredible, it made me feel like I was really there. I kept re-reading passages because they were so simply beautiful, and the cover painting made me keep flipping back to gaze at it. It is probably my favorite book, and I highly reccomend it to everyone.
Lauren

This is the best book I have ever read. It was colorful, mysterious and I could not put it down. I recommend this book to everyone.
Beth Yegelwel

debbie franchise

fgirl with a pearl earring
I read this book because of my English class and at first I thought I would hate it, but I fell in love. it is one of my favorites. you don't have to love painting to enjoy this book. It is interesting reading it while you look at the paintings discussed in it. Two thumbs up for sure!
Aryn

This is a great book for people who love art and/or history
Rachael

The first time I read this book I was only twelve but I still loved it. It seems perfectly balanced with its outstanding detail and its informative context. Tracy Chevalier has done a magnificent job bringing the painter, Vermeer, his family and his work to life. Reading this book you will be drawn in to the world of painting and the harsh world of 17th century. It is a great read and I certainly worth you time.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Sea Gate
    The Sea Gate
    by Jane Johnson
    In Jane Johnson's novel, The Sea Gate, set in England, readers are introduced to Becky, a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Stories from Suffragette City
    Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose, Fiona Davis
    Our First Impressions readers were fascinated by the historical fiction from a range of authors ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us

T M T C, T M T Stay T S