Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

May 2000, 480 pages
    Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

carmel (04/04/04)

i read this within a week which would suggest that i enjoyed which i did while i was reading it. thinking about the plot after though left me disapponted. how did the hassassin get into cern a top secuirty organisation? how did he walk around without anyone seeing him from the entrance to the living quarters to a high security lab that even the director of cern had no access to.

and giving the knowledge that we now all of us possess about the catholic church and its abuse of children would anyone be that upset at a pope fathering a child. surely also the camerlengo would have shown some sign of mental instablity before this absolute madness that overtook him on hearing about the pope. did he not for instance react with all the scandal of recent times.

the bomb also if a device as powerful as this one was how could the camerlengo and langdon survive it?

how could there be no effect on the city below. and where were the autorities would the police and politicans of italy have left it to the swiss guards ?
Kristine (03/29/04)

I read this book in one day. I could not put it down - it kept pulling me in and I wanted to continue. this was truly awsome.
NDR series-5 (03/21/04)

The first Dan Brown book I ever read, and, I must say, absolutely outstanding.

The book tells the story of a Vatican Church fighting for its survival, and a final chapter in the so-called "conflict between religion and science". The latter is championed by the Illuminati, an ancient satanic cult. The Illuminati have supposedly stolen antimatter - a substance created by theo-physicist Leonardo Vetra - and plan to destroy the Vatican with it.

I liked the characters very much, particularly Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra. As for the bad guys, well, you'll be very surprised to find out who the mastermind behind it all is. All I can say is don't form any opinions before teh end of the book.

It was a shame <> but the story is still quite good.

But what I enjoyed most were the theological views and debates. The deistic philosophy preached in this book is almost identical to my own outlook.

Definitely recommended. Go buy it now!
Ian (03/02/04)

This is the best read in years, his thourough research make the story believable, I can't stop turning the pages
Terri Collins (08/16/03)

The time has come for a book that encourages the reader to ask for more information. Dan Brown's Angels and Demons creates not only the quest for knowledge of this books fasinating subject but of everything life has to offer. To understand to the fullest is an amazing sense of acomplishment.
april (12/15/02)

I think that this book was thoroughly thought out and is very exciting to read. Dan Brown really makes you think while reading the book. I think I have found my new favorite author.
Shanna` (07/14/02)

I received this book from my boss in hopes to "enlighten" me with truth on religion. I am a theology/communications double major and he is trying to prove to me that the Catholic religion has more faults than we can see.

Undoubtedly, Angels & Demons was the best book I read this summer. I have read five in total and by far, this was the most entertaining. In proving himself true, my boss and I have discovered the truth in the female characters words. Basically, Dan Brown made me realize fath is the backbone of all...

Thank you for a book that taught me so much.
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Diana Lingholt
I won Angels and Demons from your site, and I never have enjoyed a book as much as this one. Thankyou so much for your great site. I just went out to buy Dan Brown's other book, Digital Fortress. He is a wonderful writer, and thanks to you, I was introduced to his novel. He autographed the book, and I wrote and thanked him, after I read the book, and he was nice enough to respond.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

Cruel Beautiful World
    by Caroline Leavitt

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.