Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

May 2000, 480 pages
    Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

thrilled (04/13/07)

THE MOST FUN I EVER HAD READING A NOVEL
I thought the Da Vinci Code was overrated, but I'll give it a 3 out of 5, so I was skeptical to read A&D. Thank God I did! It is fun reading, imaginative plot, and brilliantly written. Now I've noticed that scholars (I presume they are) had dissected the story and pointed out all the inconsistencies, but I don't think Dan Browne was writing a text book. He sought to entertain and that he most certainly did! I too had my doubts about the plausibility of some of the events but hey... I was entertained. Sydney Sheldon did a good job of that in 'If Tomorrow Comes.' And at the risk of sounding callow, I love his treasure hunts. Dan I intend to read all your novels, and to obtain a front row seat to Angels & Demons when it premieres. Keep writing.
ashley (01/19/07)

angels and demons review
this book is the most amazing page turner that i have ever read. at first i just was reading it for a summer reading book, but from page one it got my attention and i was turning pages since then!!!!
Alison Crowley (01/18/07)

As forumulaic as the driven wind>.
The Reviewer at the Open Critic has this to say about Angels and Demons"

"Angels and Demons is as formula driven as the driven snow. That’s neither good nor bad. What makes a book transcend the formula is if we forget the formula itself. On this point Dan Brown succeeds. Perhaps too well … as a writer I marvelled throughout at how well he was applying the standard. It was so well applied that instead of wishing he would cover it with at least a modicum of care, I applauded each step along the way as he broke into smaller and smaller bits; racing for instance to rescue the ’soon to be slaughtered,’ not just once but once every 6 hours." ( www.theopencritic.com )

The rest of the review continues on in a similar vein. I have to say I agree.

Alison Crowley
James R. W.Armstrong (01/15/07)

Dan Brown's thriller puts human face on age oldwar of religion and science
I thought that I'd be 'let down' after reading Brown's now-famous The DaVinci Code. Not so! In 'Angels and Demons,' we are led on a thrilling race through modern Rome in a desperate attempt to save four cardinals - any one of whom could become the next Pope- from death. And to save the Vatican itself from destruction from the most powerful bomb ever devised.

In Brown's story, the predecessor to The DaVinci Code, we meet that novel's hero, Professor Robert Langdon, and the brilliant and mysterious scientest, Vittoria Vetra as they try to catch the terrorists.

Once again, the ending is stunning and will leave you astonished and, like me, deeply moved.
Mary (10/19/06)

My favorite book!
This is my favorite book ever written! I started reading it, and couldn't stop until I finished. I have reread it so many times, I've memorized it, literally! I absolutely love this book!
derek damper (07/31/06)

Science Fiction!!!
OK so we have anti-matter and the world's best scientists but they can't find a 'wireless' camera that is broacasting a tv picture? Simple RF triangulation... talk about suspension of disbelief. Huge hole in the plot.
E (07/28/06)

aad
The book was well written, and i enjoyed it, despite being catholic. People should just accept that it is a NOVEL, and he is not trying to give us facts. The reason that it is not a five is that Langdon is too clueless compared to the DVC. Good read though.
sxc eli (07/25/06)

Angels and Demons
I thought that the first four chaptersof Angels and Demons were BRILLIANT, and from there on, the book just got better and better! I don't know where Dan Brown gets all his ideas from, but he is a top author. I love his books, Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code.

I stayed up for three hours reading Angels and Demons because I didn't want to put it down!!!! Understandably, I was extremely tired the next day, only having an hour of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!

All of Dan Browns' books are original, fnny and clever, if you haven't already, READ ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!! Cheers bubi ###

• Book Jacket: The Romanovs

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All