Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

May 2000, 480 pages
    Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

Sharveen E. Coils (12/17/09)

Amazing Read
Angels and Demons was an amazing read. The characters are thoroughly fleshed out with their own unique personality and emotional drives that keep them focused on their goals. The story itself is very plot-driven and the suspense never seems to end. If you enjoy novels in which many plots all come together to form a great story or you simply like action-packed thrillers, pick up Angels and Demons and get comfortable. You are going to find it hard to put this book down.
garima (05/09/09)

awesome!
Well researched plot! Gripping storyline! I became so engrossed in the book that I couldn't have any work done before finishing it. Then I read it again! It's a page turner. Its a thriller, mystery and theology all put together. I liked it very much.
champ03 (04/27/09)

Left in awe
This book is one of the very few that have been able to hold my interest all the way through. Dan Brown does an excellent job creating a fictional story in a very historical setting. The facts and details are absolutely stunning. I loved reading this book. I'm reading it again right now.
sci fi reader (11/21/08)

great book
I know some will oppose but a lot will agree.. that this book was superbly done. It may not be the book that has one of the original plots that you would expect, but the mere idea and neat plot is just great... I've read the book several times and still looking to read it few more times again.. it's what I can say is one of the books that kept me going....
PDC-ZERO (02/06/08)

Excelent
I think this book was one of the best books I've ever read excellent thrilling moments and research too this book got me reading it 24/7 i couldn't stop reading it!
Tom McCombs (01/24/08)

Well Thought Out and Composed
I read this book while I was in the car, listening to it on CD. While the plot is wonderful and the research was good, I found that I kept wanting to fast forward the disk to get to the next part of the story. It seemed that nothing could just happen, it had to be dissected, remembered, interpreted and analyzed to extreme. I am sure that if I were reading the actual book, I would be able to skip over the extraneous verbiage and keep the story moving better. In some of the action segments, had Langdon actually had all the thoughts and observations that were attributed to him, he would have used up so much time that he would not have been able to get the job done.
Dan Brown has improved his craft as he has written other books -- The Da Vinci Code, for example has not been bogged down with all the "padding."
This would be an easy book to abridge.
Rebecca Sweeney (10/21/07)

A thought-provoking read
Harvard religious symbology professor Robert Langdon awoke to the ring of his telephone at five a.m. Only one hour later, he was whisked off to Switzerland on a fighter jet. What lay before him three thousand miles away from home was something he could hardly imagine. Dan Brown’s fictional novel Angels & Demons takes the reader through a labyrinth of mystery, murder, and secrets.

In the fast-paced thriller, Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra, a nuclear physicist, must track down a stolen canister of antimatter, a substance with twenty times the power of a nuclear bomb, that has been concealed somewhere in Vatican City on the eve of conclave, the choosing of a new pope. On their quest, they come across an even bigger mystery, leading them on a scavenger hunt through the ancient cathedrals of Rome, all while needed to find the antimatter before midnight.

I would highly recommend both Angels & Demons. Dan Brown does an amazing job of writing a high-paced but thought provoking mystery. If you’re looking for an intellectual book that will get your mind working, this is it. Through the multiple cliffhangers and intricate subplots, Angels & Demons is a hard book to put down.
Amisha Kulkarni (06/05/07)

Heart pounding + Brain racking race against time.
Even though being fictional, Dan Brown has the power to bring about a false consciousness amongst the readers about the facts and the myths in the world and makes us rethink and question our world of knowledge and perception.
When I read this novel I almost submitted my mind to the realm of imagination. Readers are taken by surprise through out Robert Langdon's frantic journey. Dan Brown's futuristic attempt and thorough study is amazing and so worth reading.

• Book Jacket: The Romanovs

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All