Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Brandi

Good
I loved this book.
Martin

The best book ever
This book is the best book ever.
Andrea Bogart

The Lost Boy
The Lost Boy is a very sad story about a young boy that got very badly abused by his mother. I really enjoyed reading about the authors life. But what I didn't enjoy was the way his mother treated him. I don't understand how a mother can hurt her own flesh & blood. I can't believe she burned him, stabbed him, & stuck him in a room of fumes. He went through hell for years. But finally, later on in his life; he got saved. He finally went into foster care. I was relieved to hear that. Because I wouldn't want to read anymore about him get brutally hurt by his OWN MOTHER. He had tough times in foster care. But most kids do. I'm glad to know that he got a new life, a new start, & a new caring family. Dave didn't deserve what he got from his mother. He seems like such a smart kid. But his mother just didn't realize that. This book was wonderful. & I would want many people to read this so they can realize that child abuse is real & so dangerous & COMMON!
VBALLER

Inspirational
This book really touches the heart about on boys journey to make it through the tough times. Dave Pelzer is telling a story that will get through to millions and just make you sit and think for awhile. Reading this book will change your perspective in life. You will ask yourself, "Who do I want to be?" All I can say is well done, well done.
monkey

the lost boy
This book is sad,but also a very interesting and intriguing book I have read. If it wasn't for my friend I would have never thought about reading these books. I am glad I read them though.
Books

GREAT
These is a sad book, but one of the best books I have ever read! I would recomend this book to any one!
Book worm

The lost boy
This is one of the best but yet one of the saddest books as well. As a mom I wouldn't ever be able to do any of those things to my kids. Dave Pelzer is the most brave person I have ever known and that won't stop him from doing anything.
BaByCaKeS

The lost boy
Its very sad. If you read this book you would cry.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R