Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Brandi

Good
I loved this book.
Martin

The best book ever
This book is the best book ever.
Andrea Bogart

The Lost Boy
The Lost Boy is a very sad story about a young boy that got very badly abused by his mother. I really enjoyed reading about the authors life. But what I didn't enjoy was the way his mother treated him. I don't understand how a mother can hurt her own flesh & blood. I can't believe she burned him, stabbed him, & stuck him in a room of fumes. He went through hell for years. But finally, later on in his life; he got saved. He finally went into foster care. I was relieved to hear that. Because I wouldn't want to read anymore about him get brutally hurt by his OWN MOTHER. He had tough times in foster care. But most kids do. I'm glad to know that he got a new life, a new start, & a new caring family. Dave didn't deserve what he got from his mother. He seems like such a smart kid. But his mother just didn't realize that. This book was wonderful. & I would want many people to read this so they can realize that child abuse is real & so dangerous & COMMON!
VBALLER

Inspirational
This book really touches the heart about on boys journey to make it through the tough times. Dave Pelzer is telling a story that will get through to millions and just make you sit and think for awhile. Reading this book will change your perspective in life. You will ask yourself, "Who do I want to be?" All I can say is well done, well done.
monkey

the lost boy
This book is sad,but also a very interesting and intriguing book I have read. If it wasn't for my friend I would have never thought about reading these books. I am glad I read them though.
Books

GREAT
These is a sad book, but one of the best books I have ever read! I would recomend this book to any one!
Book worm

The lost boy
This is one of the best but yet one of the saddest books as well. As a mom I wouldn't ever be able to do any of those things to my kids. Dave Pelzer is the most brave person I have ever known and that won't stop him from doing anything.
BaByCaKeS

The lost boy
Its very sad. If you read this book you would cry.

• Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...
  • Book Jacket: Fireborne
    Fireborne
    by Rosaria Munda
    Inspired by classical political theory and the French Revolution, Rosaria Munda's YA debut Fireborne...

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D