Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Nancy Haddad

MY review
I am an Arab and if you know what that means life is tough. Girls have to be married by 17 and I'm only 16 I'm a sophmore. This book helps you understand that there are other people in need of help. I cried for soo long from this book it inspired me to do the right thing and to stick up for myself. I love this book so much I would do anything.
Courtni Vice

the lost boy
This is a very nice book a lot of people will enjoy it. This book has taught me a lot but the most coolest thing is that it is a true story and it tells me that no matter how much it hurts no mater how sad it is you must never let anyone hurt you or anyone you now just get help like Dave did. Dave is a really strong kid he had no one to help him but now every one is here to help him now he is safe. WE HOPE!!!!!! So take care and have fun with it.
sarah kelley

thank you!!!
This is an awesome book.As a child, I was taken from my bio parents for domestic violence and placed with an abusive family who later adopted me and my four other siblings. Life was hell. For those of you who have been or are being abused, this book will touch you or at least it touched me and inspired me to inspire others and share my story. I also want to ask you to please get help. You cant and don't have to take that shit on yourself when there are paid professionals out there to help. I was sent to treatment where i worked through my trauma history for 14 months. I fell in love with all the staff and I love my therapist ms. KATHY PETEFISH who listened to all the crap me and my sibling went through. I want to thank the author of this book. You inspired me !!
chambersgirl

the lost boy!
This book is a tear-jerking but yet exciting book. In this story as a sequel to the award winning book "A Child Called It" it is about the search for the love of a family for a boy who has been abused by his alcoholic mother and avoided by his father. In this story the boy escapes his mother hell and runs away to a pizza place where police are called and he is taken away. He then becomes a foster child and lives under the roof of an angel named Ms. Gold. She takes care of David and tries to help him understand the meaning of love and happiness that he had once had. This is a sad tear-jerker and be prepared to cry when reading this book.
Keash

So good
I loved this book. But in some parts my eyes weretearing. The story of his life was just so terrible with his mother but then it gets better as he gets older.
Nadja

Great book
I am sixth grader and I love this book.
B

I love this book
This book was so touching I loved it and I couldn't put it down. I feel so sorry for Dave. I don't know why anyone could be that mean to a little child. I hope people are really touched by your story. You are a really great inspiration! Thank you for writing this book. I LOVE IT!
Imaan G.

Wow...
This book is amazing. This author is amazing with his words. Although this book is not on a very common subject, it still gives information on what to do if you know someone in a situation like that. This book tells the answers of the questions David asks in the first book. It tells how his life has changed since he has been freed from his abusing mother and carefree family. He tells all about the places he has been, and how he ends up there. This book is awsome, and even if you don't like reading, i still recommend it because it is still good, and i dont enjoy reading that much, and i read this book in less than 2 weeks. I also purchased it because it was that good. Hopefully you will do the same. I think that this book is also good for people whom have to do a report on a book of your choice, because it has so much to write about, u might end up with an A+. Please read this book and others, reading is good! Even if you think its boring. Also I think that you should read to expand how much you learn, reading can teach you many things you didnt know before. I recommend that you read this book and others... READING IS GOOD!!! thank you for being a good person and reading! I really appreciate it!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F