MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Eldest, plus links to write your own review.

Eldest

Inheritance, Book II

by Christopher Paolini

Eldest

Aug 2005, 704 pages
    Mar 2007, 704 pages

There are currently 58 reader reviews for Eldest

Oracle Of Dreams (09/01/05)

Definitely A Vortex That Will Hook On To You
This book is probably the best book I have read in my entire life. I have read Eldest's prequal, Eragon from beginning to end more than thirty times. I must say that Eragon was a really good book! But this Eldest... Just Hooked me on to the book and never let me go of the book until I was finished with the book, overwhelmed by all the details Christopher Paolini wrote on this masterpiece trilogy! I couldn't wait for the second book to come out in America, so I did buy the book on the very first day it came out. I finished the book on the third day since I started the book. The 700-page-long journey to Ellesmera and Roran's adventures grabbed me and shocked me violently until the very last page of the book...
If I can give the book a better rating, i would give it one billion out of five... Wonderful tale of Alagaesia is to start for ones who haven't read it yet. Be sure to read Eragon, and then Eldest. I would definitely offer this book to anybody!
Steve Norum (08/30/05)

Unguided Creativity
Although 'Eldest' was masterfully created, with stunning landscapes and imaginative worlds, the plot itself is just a rough mix of over-used ideas, taking pieces from many great works of literature. In skilled hands, these pieces can be used to create a great work, but not in this case- Paolini writes an unbelievable account on a very cliched topic, obviously using the main character Eragon as a reflection of himself. Hopefully the final book will redeem him, if not it would represent wasted talent.

• Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...

If I Forget You
    by Thomas Christopher Greene

A haunting tale of lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal