MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Eldest, plus links to write your own review.

Eldest

Inheritance, Book II

by Christopher Paolini

Eldest

Aug 2005, 704 pages
    Mar 2007, 704 pages

There are currently 58 reader reviews for Eldest

Oracle Of Dreams (09/01/05)

Definitely A Vortex That Will Hook On To You
This book is probably the best book I have read in my entire life. I have read Eldest's prequal, Eragon from beginning to end more than thirty times. I must say that Eragon was a really good book! But this Eldest... Just Hooked me on to the book and never let me go of the book until I was finished with the book, overwhelmed by all the details Christopher Paolini wrote on this masterpiece trilogy! I couldn't wait for the second book to come out in America, so I did buy the book on the very first day it came out. I finished the book on the third day since I started the book. The 700-page-long journey to Ellesmera and Roran's adventures grabbed me and shocked me violently until the very last page of the book...
If I can give the book a better rating, i would give it one billion out of five... Wonderful tale of Alagaesia is to start for ones who haven't read it yet. Be sure to read Eragon, and then Eldest. I would definitely offer this book to anybody!
Steve Norum (08/30/05)

Unguided Creativity
Although 'Eldest' was masterfully created, with stunning landscapes and imaginative worlds, the plot itself is just a rough mix of over-used ideas, taking pieces from many great works of literature. In skilled hands, these pieces can be used to create a great work, but not in this case- Paolini writes an unbelievable account on a very cliched topic, obviously using the main character Eragon as a reflection of himself. Hopefully the final book will redeem him, if not it would represent wasted talent.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T