MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Eldest, plus links to write your own review.

Eldest

Mar 2007, 704 pages

There are currently 58 reader reviews for Eldest

Teja Alapati (12/28/05)

Addictive reading
Eldest is a really good book but it got kind of corny with all the "magic." Much better than Eragon, which copied Star Wars. I read Eldest in 1 day and I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the third book.
jim (12/10/05)

its 1 of da best book ever
this is 1 of the best book ever!!! its so adventurous and exciting. it is awesome. u should read it.
UNDEAD-DR (11/07/05)

Very Good Read
Overall it was a great book which I could not put down. It was full of captivating characters and multiple stories to hold the readers intrest the only thing i found i disliked slightly was the tedious training that could have easly been explained in a lot less writing then it was other then that is was a fantastic piece of literature.
Ned Fischer (10/30/05)

Great book
This is the second book in the inhearetance series. This book will leave you wanting more. (I can't wait till the next book comes out!!!) A long epic of Eragon and Saphira fighting the good fight against the evil king Galbitorix. Eragon has gone to train with the elves and discovers many secrets and mysteries. Than in the middle of training he is called off to war. Although this book is a bit choppy in areas it is an all together good book. A little sloweer paced than the last book Eragon this boook will reward the readers who stick with it. All in all I would give this book a 4 and a half. I would recomend this book to young adults or older. Enjoy!
Simon Norwell (10/25/05)

Tolkien # 517
Christopher Paolini is an excellent writer. He could, and probably will, make millions of dollars as a pulp fiction writer. However, in his attempts to write a literary masterpiece, he has succumbed to the deadliest trap of the English language: Theft. The major similarities between Inheritance and Tolkien's works are quite visible if you are familiar with the latter, but, I must admit, not quite as bad as the similarities I have seen between other recent novels and 'The Lord of the Rings'. The prose of Eldest, the writing in its basest form, without consideration for ideas, is excellent, but originality is lacking. If you are looking for a book to read for a bit of amusement, this is an excellent choice, but if you are looking for a deep, thoughtful read, look elsewhere.
t-wag (10/09/05)

excellent
the book Eragon was just what i was looking for, when Eldest cam out i knew i had to read it, I dont know why some people dont like it, but its all opinion. I just so happen to like these types of books. ohwell life goes on. Loved the book!
Brandon J (09/27/05)

1 of the Best in History
This book is incredibele. 90 billion over 1. i couldn't put it down. A lot of times in class mi teaacher would be angry at me because i was reading it under my desk. It's my favorite of a ll time. Second to none every page was gripping. The sadness in the story was overwhelming.
Mitch (09/03/05)

the best book ever
Eldest has to be the best book i've ever read. it's exciting,suspenceful,humorous,andmuch much more.My favorite part is when...Well,my favorite part is one of the most important parts of the book so i don't want to spoil the book,you;re going to have to read it for yourself.that's my rievew.

• Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

C To T Q