Reader reviews and comments on Eldest, plus links to write your own review.

Inheritance, Book II

by Christopher Paolini

Aug 2005, 704 pages
    Mar 2007, 704 pages

There are currently 58 reader reviews for Eldest

A Fan (02/24/08)

This book was great!
This book was great! I loved it so much, even more than Eragon. It just continued where Eragon left off, but it had better writing and description and everything. Paolini has definitely improved as a writer, this being the proof.
Col (02/13/08)

Eldest is Great!!!
I have read Eragon and Eldest 2 times already. I would read them again, but I've got other books that I'm reading.I have something to say to all the people who seem to hate these books. 2 out of 10 people rate this book lower than a 4. What does that tell you? It tells you that more people have read the book and loved it!!I just want to say that I LOVE the books and can't wait for the 3rd one to come out. By the way, Chris can write or everyone would hate the books.
Anna (11/19/07)

I had very high expectations on this book when I opened it, because I enjoyed Eragon and I was looking forward to see if Paolini had developed his writing-skills, which truly were needed.
I became disappointed. The book goes on and on about the most irrelevant events, and leaves what's interesting in the outskirts.
The main-character Eragon's journey from boy to man is sadly going backwards, and his new heroic manner is just silly.
It's obvious that he tries to match with Tolkien, but the result is poor and surprisingly boring.
Do not waste money on this book.
@diTy@ (08/03/07)

Greatest !!!!!
I think that he is the greatest writer in the present scenario. He is very good at presenting the passions and evils that lurk behind the sedate exteriors.He is someone who can put life into characters without making them larger than life.
adam (07/13/07)

holy @#$% this book rocks!!!!
Christopher Paolini's imagination is incredible. From the L.O.T.R, Harry Potter, and Star Wars, this one is definitly up there. Chris created a new world in eragon and eldest. I can't wait to see and read the last book of the trilogy
kristine (06/18/07)

Painfulto read
Ok, loving fantasy, whether it be a movie, a book or video game, I love it. This book however is just not that good. The first book gets the reader wanting to read more of the story, yes their are similarities found between Paolini and and other writers but the story was solid. Then comes book two, and OUCH I felt like I had just stepped in to faerie land hell. I was not sure if I was reading LOTR or Star Wars or playing a video game or 1 of dozens of other things fitting this genre.
I will read the third book out of curiosity, but I am hoping Paolini gets a little no A LOT more unique and creative in his third book and stops plagiarizing the rest of the known fantasy world
Colleen Ann Monahan (05/25/07)

agreeing and disagreeing!!!
Everyone who has rated this book a 4-5, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!when i read Ad's 2 reviews, I agreed.
Every author is going to steal one thing or another some time. I feel very strongly about this book and can be rude. If I am, sorry! I have read the Inheritance Trilogy(books1-2) 2 times each. Right now I am in the process of finishing Eldest.I must say that every body has a right to what they write, but I still disagree with anyone who rated the books 1-3!!Anybody who loves/likes fantasy, READ
THIS BOOK!!! Eldest is better than Eragon because Chris put a lot more adventure in it. When I wrote the review below, I wasn't in the best of moods. Especially since I can be very protective over things people call stupid, but I still agree with it.all I can say is that I thank BookBrowse for posting it.
Everybody has their own opinions, I know. All that I hope is that Chris keeps writing Fantasy Books. I hope that someday, if the Lord wills it, I will be able
to meet Chris someday and ask him some ?'s.Maybe the answers will help me write a book at 10.ha-ha!!!
Colleen Ann Monahan (05/24/07)

Not the best book??????????
I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with mmfantasy. How can Eragon and Eldest NOT be an extravagant book? So what if Chris 'stole' some names. I do the same. I have tried to write books and have failed, but, oh,wait, where did I get the names that I used. Lets see, OTHER MOVIES! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these books. I don't care what you say, but I rate these 2 wonderful books OVER 100! I know that I am only 14 but Eragon and Eldest are the best books I have EVER read! Chris, don't let others get you down. I KNOW what it's like, and I don't give a shark's fin! I ask that BookBrowse will see what I'm saying and not delete what I've said(except this last sentence) PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE,etc.!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists

Cruel Beautiful World
    by Caroline Leavitt

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.