What readers think of How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

How I Live Now

Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

lara knight, 13, london,

13 year old, lara knight
As I do not like reading (normally), and I have counted that I have tried to get into reading 35 times ( I have tried to read 35 different books)
it's an absolute miracle that I absolutely loved this book. this is the first book I have past the 5th chapter. It's amazing I suggest it from anyone above the age of eleven at some points i was crying. I dreamt about all the goings ons in the book for a good five weeks after, literally. I am 13, I live in London and normally hate reading but I literally couldn't put the book down I could not stop reading, I am normally more interested in boys or shopping. However with this book I even told my friends that I was ill one day so i didn't have to go to the cinema with them so I could read the end of the book, as my eyes literally would not stay open the night before (however much i tried) so I could not finish the book.
I am just about to start her other book Just In Case I am so excited as How I Live Now was AMAZING! xx
adelina

LOVE IT!!
I absolutely love it! I was once in a war and I know quite what Daisy was feeling but she had it much worse and I could feel the pain she was having and this book seriously made me cry, thats how intense and sad it was. The tragedies Daisy went through and she survived all of it out of love. LOVE THIS BOOK!! Ever thought of making it into a movie? I guess some parts would be gory but I wouldn't mind. I would love to see the same situation on film!!!
gemma lacey

READ THIS PLEASE
i read this and it took me 3 days to read it. but when i put this book down i didnt want it to end i wanted it to continue not because i'm some sad person with no life it is because it was so emotional and so intresting that i wanted it to carry on tell me more bout daisy and edmondy it made me cry quiet a bit...and thats all i have to say i cryed actually a lot x x x
maria

oh, wow!!!
This was a very good book, i personally think because it made me realize many things about the wars going on and how they can change your world. Wars have a very big impact on not just adults but teens and kids. This book has a lot to show about love being broken and torn apart because of war. So many people these days go thru the same thing that Daisy was going thru and I love this book i was really into it.
Sarah S

How I live Now
This book was amazing. I felt like it crossed the void between fictionand reality, and merged the two together. One of the most heartwarming (yet also sad) books I have ever read. I was talking to my friends about it for weeks and still can't quite forget about it. I even read it in one sitting, i was unable to leave it alone. The characters are so vivid and you really care about them. This book is bound to tug at the heartstrings of all those who read it and i defy anyone not to feel a tear creep into their eye when they read it!
Prenton High School

One of the best books that have been read
We think this book is excellent because it describes how the chacracters feel and look. Also Meg Rosoff really understands the teenage mind, then the way she knows so much about the war and shows that she's not afraid to tell readers the truth. We like the way she writes the book informaly because its like she is making Daisy speak to us, like in a conversation.
Nicole

How I live now?
This book left me in shock. It really had an effect on me and all the time I was reading it I couldn't find myself to put it down. Really well written and a fascinating read - Excellent! Thankyou to Meg Rosoff for writing this book.
Tick

this book is great
I loved reading this book it was very different then lots of books I have read and I liked how it was from a teenagers point of veiw it really made it feel like you were in her head. I would recommend this book.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Souvenir Museum
    The Souvenir Museum
    by Elizabeth McCracken
    Elizabeth McCracken's book The Souvenir Museum is composed of 12 short stories populated by ...
  • Book Jacket: First Person Singular
    First Person Singular
    by Haruki Murakami
    Readers familiar with Haruki Murakami will know that music is often a central theme in his work. The...
  • Book Jacket: Yolk
    Yolk
    by Mary Choi
    Mary H.K. Choi's young adult offering Yolk deftly maintains several plotlines running through the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.

Beware the man of one book

P M Fly