What readers think of How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

by Meg Rosoff

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff X
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Aug 2004, 208 pages

Jul 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Sophie

How I Live Now
At first I found it a little confusing, with the lack of speech marks but once I got used to it I found it was an absolutely outstanding book, I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from start to finish and didn't put it down. A must read.
sweetsmells:P

How I Live Now
This book is amazing! It definitely deserved the Michael L. Printz award. It was filled with everything to keep a teenager interested.Suspense, lust, emotion, everything!!!!!!!! If you get the chance to read, DO SO!!
Jayne

Brilliant.
I thought this book was amazing. The lack of grammer was confusing at first, but does not mean to say that Meg Rosoff "shouldn't publish a book". It is not the kind of thing I usually would read, but I would definitely read more of her work.
Kimberly

A Step into Adult Reading
This book is absolutely amazing. The adventures of Daisy and her cousins in a war-torn time are not only realistic and captivating; they are an introduction to more advanced writing styles for young-adults. It is one of the first books that will introduce to children the classic styles of Chuck Palahniuk, Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Kerouac and even James St. James. The lack of punctuation may be at first confusing, but introduces the way that language can reflect emotions in story telling. The story includes content that is slightly adult, thus it being a young-adult book. There is smoking, drinking, swearing, and vague references to sex between cousins. None are too striking, just shadows of the adult world of literature. This book is an off-beat, beginner’s Catcher in the Rye; a coming of age story laced with complications. I would recommend it for anyone old enough to handle the ascent into more adult reading, or anyone who has already surpassed that point and would just like a very enjoyable story.
anne cute

Magnificient
This book was the most compelling and touching book I have ever read in my life. It talks about how Daisy find out what love really mean and the most unforgettable trip to London where war starts. It is the best book ever.
eliza poulton

liza
This book is absolutely amazing!!
I was made to read it by my English teacher and I have ended up doing my main piece of coursework on it because it is just so so good!! I just didn't want it to end to be honest! I wanted to keep reading and reading and because I am a teenager I understood it completely about what she was talking about!! 10/10 for definite!
Poppy

how i live now - Meg Rosoff
This book is truly outstanding! just as you think you know what is going to happen the storyline changes direction and it is impossible to tell what is going to happen. this book had me gripped until I had read every single page twice. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to be amazed!
Emilia

Fantastic Book
I loved this book so much - i have to say it is the best book I have ever read!!!

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.