Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

DRY but ok
lindsay stewart (11/21/04)

hoot was a great book
Mimiali (11/03/04)

^_^ i am a book freak(okay fine not a freak o_O but a lover!!!thats for sure^_^) This book was very nice THREE REASON WHY O SUGGEST THIS BOOK!!!

it was nice
    it was very good
    it is very inspiring
jym (11/03/04)

this book was fantastic. the beginning was great and you wanted to read on about what was goign to happen next!!!
Carissa (09/27/04)

I thought this book was a hit. I've lived in Florida my whole life and I know how it is to live here and how boring it can be. I don't like reading much because most of the books I've veiwed seened boring and uninteresting. This book kept me wandering what was going to happen next and who did what. I love this book and I strongly recommend it to all readers of any age.
catherine (09/04/04)

Hoot is one of the best books I've ever read in my life. It is the best I've read because it's kid friendly, humorous, and joyous. Of course I recommend this book to every and anybody. This book will show you a child's everyday value of curiosity, and since this is coming from an eleven- year- old child, I would know!
Whyshoulditellya (08/22/04)

Hoot was a great book i love it!
I give a "Hoot"! (11/06/03)

I am 12 years old and I first read this book when I was 11. I did not find anything offensive at all in this book, only a great read! As to the person who asks what normal teenager cares about nature, therefore classifying the characters Roy, Beatrice, and Mullet Fingers as unreal, I find that highly insulting and dread what I will be like when I turn 13 if I won't care about the environment and the world I live in. I'm not a particularly ecstatic nature fan and I don't go out each morning and hug a tree, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the environment!

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R