Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen X

DRY but ok
lindsay stewart (11/21/04)

hoot was a great book
Mimiali (11/03/04)

^_^ i am a book freak(okay fine not a freak o_O but a lover!!!thats for sure^_^) This book was very nice THREE REASON WHY O SUGGEST THIS BOOK!!!

it was nice
    it was very good
    it is very inspiring
jym (11/03/04)

this book was fantastic. the beginning was great and you wanted to read on about what was goign to happen next!!!
Carissa (09/27/04)

I thought this book was a hit. I've lived in Florida my whole life and I know how it is to live here and how boring it can be. I don't like reading much because most of the books I've veiwed seened boring and uninteresting. This book kept me wandering what was going to happen next and who did what. I love this book and I strongly recommend it to all readers of any age.
catherine (09/04/04)

Hoot is one of the best books I've ever read in my life. It is the best I've read because it's kid friendly, humorous, and joyous. Of course I recommend this book to every and anybody. This book will show you a child's everyday value of curiosity, and since this is coming from an eleven- year- old child, I would know!
Whyshoulditellya (08/22/04)

Hoot was a great book i love it!
I give a "Hoot"! (11/06/03)

I am 12 years old and I first read this book when I was 11. I did not find anything offensive at all in this book, only a great read! As to the person who asks what normal teenager cares about nature, therefore classifying the characters Roy, Beatrice, and Mullet Fingers as unreal, I find that highly insulting and dread what I will be like when I turn 13 if I won't care about the environment and the world I live in. I'm not a particularly ecstatic nature fan and I don't go out each morning and hug a tree, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the environment!

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Elizabeth Berg

At times, our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person.

E Dog H I D