Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

Sep 2002, 229 pages
    May 2004, 304 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for Hoot

Laney (08/10/07)

Slow
This book was slow going for so many parts only a few times did I actually get real interested but over all I'm glad my teacher assigned this book.
taly (06/17/07)

Hoot
I loved the book. My favorite character is Beatrice because she was caring, loving,kind and very helpful. She was also very clever.
tabria (03/14/07)

what i like
The book Hoot was great. I really enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed reading it so much that I got my whole class to read it. It was amazing what things Mullet Fingers did to save those poor little owls. Like put alligators in the porta-potties, take the seat off of the back hoe,put snakes on the steps,and so much more. And when they finally stopped Chuck Muckle. It was so funny.
Andy (02/06/07)

hoot
its a great book some parts are cheesy but others are not.. I'm doing it for a project.Its a GOOD! book but the book can go on and on!
da bom (11/08/06)

hoot
Excellent! Superb! One of the best books I have ever read, although there were disgusting and cheesy parts. Truly a work of mind.
Alli (10/30/06)

Fun!
I loved this book! I could barely put it down! The ending, where they all hold hands... a little cheesy, but you can tell that Hiaasen is trying to prove a point, ( standing up for what you believe in), I felt myself grasping onto Mulletfinger's life, and I really felt for him. Overall, it was good, and I wish Carl would make more books styled like this.
Jessie (10/20/06)

Hoot
I can't believe how amaxing this story was. It made me think about how somewhere out there is a kid who ran away. I love the way Carl used the wonderful similies during some of the best parts. You can really hear the voices of the characters pop out at you when you read each sentence. I think Carl did an excellent job and that this was one of his best novels yet.
DMS (10/10/06)

Hoot By Carl Hiaasen
This book was a pleasure to read.
I suggest that you should read this book because it is realistic and clearly detailed.

I also came here for help on a book report. The reviews are exceptional except it does not give a clear understanding to help students with book reports. I suggest that a helpful guide will be great. Thank you and bye.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R