MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

Hoot

Sep 2002, 229 pages
    May 2004, 304 pages

There are currently 60 reader reviews for Hoot

sydney bennett (02/22/11)

hoot by sydney bennett
This book is very interesting. It gives you lots of reasons to keep reading it, and even more reasons to tell someone about it. The best part was I read it to my class and we all laughed together!
meme (01/02/11)

Pretty Good
I liked this book a lot because it grabbed my attention at once. Also, it is a good book for a book talk and is very easy to understand. I do not think that this book uses horrible language. I have read a lot of better written books, though. :)
Katepault (11/15/10)

This book made me feel better
I read this book and I found it interesting. It may had a different vocabulary from what I'm used to but it was a nice chance for me. I saw this book in the school library and I liked the cover. What made me the first impression was the summary of the book so I chose it and I didn't regret it... It made me feel better because they make fun of me at school.
Hoot Lover (06/14/10)

A wonderful book for everyone
Hoot is an entertaining book that teaches reader the importance of standing up for your beliefs. I like this book because it kept me guessing from the beginning to end with clever and mischievous pranks on the construction site and on the well-known bully Dana Matherson. This book deserves to have 5 stars!
reviewer (06/01/10)

best
Best book ever to read! Guys, read it. And if people that's say it's bad don't listen to them. Yeah I agree maybe there was a little violence in Hoot but still it's one of the best books I have ever read!
Student (05/24/10)

Cool
This book deserves it's NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER and even more. When I began reading this book I couldn't stop. So I would recommend it to everyone who likes and want to read books!
Han (05/09/10)

Hoot
Hoot shows the power and dedication of three friends and what one (or three) person can do for the world. A magnificent story of hope.
Jeanne Standefer (03/30/10)

Discouraged and angered...
I am extremely irritated that an elementary school would send home the novel Hoot for my 10 year old son to read considering the nasty language, the ultimately negative nature of the characters in this book, the reference to hurting others, and various other negative aspects that influence a 10 year old child. I cannot believe that while a school expects a child not to use profanity in school they would require my son to read and write a report on such trash as this. I intend to contact the school and will not allow my son to read any further. Perhaps some of you parents don't mind or care what your kids put into their minds but I do. I won't encourage my son to read this material and hope you all take a closer look at what these teachers are sending home for your kids to learn. Sick world we live in ... pay attention to what your kids are being required to induce into their minds.
This book doesn't earn a rating where I'm concern... with regard to kids. As an adult I see absolutely no purpose in the material this novel presents. As for me and my son... my child will take the bad grade for not accommodating the teacher's request and will take an "A" for bringing the content of this book to my attention - when your child approaches you with... "Mom I don't think that I'm suppose to read this book it has very bad words in it." It's time to rethink the school system and the idiots that are sending this home.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages