What readers think of Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Aug 2002, 304 pages

Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Phillip

This book is absolutly great. It has a well thought out, well paced and well realised storyline that grips you from the beginning. THe action, when it is described, is portrayed with an appropriate level of detail and is exciting enough to keep you interested. There is little to fault about this book, all aspects of it are handled sensitively and obviously well researched. Can't wait for Grass For his Pillow!
scarecrow

Do you like Harry Potter? Do you like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Do you like Lord of the Rings? ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is all of these books in one. I picked it up and have not been able too put it down since. Lian Hearn creates a world so well with words that you would think you were actually in medieval Japan. ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is sure too be the next big thing with its comparisons to the above titles and with Universal studios picking up the movie rights. If you like these types of books you will love ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR! I cant wait for the secon part GRASS FOR HISPILLOW!
NN

Once u start reading it, u can't stop until the last page

Flynn symonds

A book that exites and enchants, full of ancient Japanese secrets of tribes and clans. It's weakness was the failure to fully reveal the secrets explored of the nightingale floor. i would like to know more about the floor, sound arts and such.

Takeo was an appealing character, moral an sensitive. A great read.
Jessie

I was completely hooked on this book and read it all in one sitting! The imagery and characters were so beautifully portrayed that I forgot about everything for a couple of hours and totally delved into Lian Hern's world. I can't wait to read the next one, I sincerely hope it is as good as the first.
Emelie

It was absolutely wonderful! One of the best books I've ever read!
Mary

I'm from Brazil, and i bought the portuguese version of it. In my opinion, it's an excelent book! One of those you cannot stop reading until ypu reach the end.

it was a wonderful book. Can't wait for the next one.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Wade in the Water
    by Nyani Nkrumah

A gripping debut novel of female power and vulnerability, race, and class set in a small Mississippi town in the early 1980s.

It's A G T Me

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.