What readers think of Tuesdays With Morrie, plus links to write your own review.

Tuesdays With Morrie

Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 150 reader reviews for Tuesdays With Morrie

Sophia

Amazing
I had heard about this book from my friend i thought 'Oh, another book about the soul and stuff?' But since I love reading I read it and boy was I WRONG...I absolutely loved it! It made me cry and laugh and also think about life and how everything is...the book amazing it was non-fiction Morrie, a person like that existed? I'm just so happy I got recommended this book plus that my thoughts were TOTALLY changed after reading this book! Favorite quote: "Dying is living"
Sonal

Outstanding
I had heard about this book from few friends and finally got around to reading it today. I read this book in 2 hours in one sitting. It made me cry it made me laugh.
Best of all it made me realize life is worth living and sooner we learn to live life the way its meant to be the better it is for us. Very grateful for having had the opportunity to read this book. Thank you.
Anne

in school suspension..
i found this book under a desk, i was sitting in my school office serving a in school suspension for being late :) and i found this book under the desk i was in, i had nothing better to do, so i started to read it, by the end of the school day i had finished the book, and was glad i found it. this book had truly touched me, and i loved it.
Priya

Versy Inspirational
I read this book for a class project worth 10 percent of my mark, I dread reading but this book took it all off because I enjoyed reading it. It has touched me and I always heard that books can really touch you but never felt it until now. I learned alongside Mitch all that Morrie had to teach. I hope to use this to make my life better and more satisfying. THANKS soo much
Doug

Just, Wow.
I connot believe how much this touched me, and my family, reading this book. This book does relate to me much, and I recommend to all people wanting a good read, or just wanting to learn about life. Morrie sounded like a great guy, and Mitch put him to rest with this book like he should be. Big props to Mitch.
Jack mehoff

Tuesdays with morrie
I enjoyed this book very much. I recently graduated high school and gave this book to one of my teachers as a gift. The book touched me in many ways. Throughout my high school years I had become close with this one certain teacher, she was my eleventh grade English teacher. She later became a friend who was always willing to give advice, and help me see the other side of situations. I related with Mitch in the closeness he felt to his "teacher". His teacher of academics, but most importantly life. The thing I took out of this book is that life is your teacher, and you are its pupil! I am glad the i had the opportunity to spend time with my fellow pupil in the classroom of life. She will always be apart of my memories, as Morrie will to Mitch.
English teacher

Reminds me of
Mitch's experiences with Morrie remind me of RuthAnn Hogue's experiences with Walter Schifter, who also shared a series of visits when Walter was at death's door. There are numerous similarities: RuthAnn and Mitch were both 33-year-old journalists who had in some measure lost their way. Morrie and Walter were both terminally ill, yet remarkably able to inspire those around them who were living in much better circumstances. Morrie and Walter shared a similar cultural heritage by virture of their ancestors and both loved education -- whether formal or from the school of hard knocks of life. While Mitch and Morrie visited on Tuesdays over a longer period of time than RuthAnn and Walter visited, Walter and RuthAnn likely had as many -- or more -- visits in a relatively compact period. The experiences forever changed both Mitch and RuthAnn, who each went on to value their personal relationships and family lives more than they had previously. It's easy to see how the pressures of the competitive world of journalism can easily over shadow the simple things in life, which ultimately for Mitch and RuthAnn turned out to be their most treasured.

If you liked "Goodbye, Walter" (Mapletree Publishing) you will surely like Tuesdays with Morrie.
Morrie lee H.

the book has taugh me many new ways of how to live my life like, Whats wrong with being # two.I cryed so hard I could of filled an ocean.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T