What readers think of Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser

Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Loser

Kyle's mom

Love the book
I just finished reading this book to my fifth grade son. This opened a whole discussion about what makes someone a "loser". Was Zinkoff a loser? Maybe. Maybe not. My son had some great insights into the perceptions of what makes someone a loser. I would recommend this book to middle school age children. Maybe it would open some minds to what life is really about.
kim

loser
It was the best book in world!
Sam D.

A wonderful truth
Donald Zinkoff is just a loser. But even loser are great heros. Zinkoff has trouble with funny words, to much food, and his own two feet. Still, Donald isn't that bad. If you liked this so far you have to read the book for the rest.
sklad;a

loser rocks!!!!!!
You have got to read this book, it is the best book ever!! You will love this book. Zinkoff is the best!
Jessica

FANTASTIC!
I'm 10 years old, and reading this book as a Accelerated Reader book! I love it! I cant stop reading it.
Yazzi

Spectacular from start to finish
I was assigned a independent reading novel for school as a project and I'll admit reading and me are not the closest thing. But as soon as I started this book the first line brought me in and I fell in love with this book. Read it A.S.A.P
kMIL ALI

BEST!
I like this book because it teaches a very good lesson about how to face difficulties and not to be afraid to fail. It is a very good book, and believe me when you open the book you will never stop reading it.
Kurk

Loser by Jerry Spinelli
My 9 yo son was reading this book as a school assignment. He told me, "Dad you have to read this book. I'll bet you would love it!!" He asked his teacher for another copy, and gave it to me. I started reading it not expecting much, but after having gotten through the first few pages, I read it in one night. Donald Zinkoff the main character in the book is truly a great kid who is wrongfully dubbed a loser by his peers for his lack of physical prowess and scholastic mediocrity. It is outstanding character and compassion that make a truly great person, and this story exemplifies these traits. A wonderful book that was funny at times and tugged the heart strings at others.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide